Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

0 abonné S’abonner

Rekordbox transferring playlist to USB

Hi! I am a new user of rekordbox and i have analyzed all my tracks in it by key, BPM, etc. But everytime i transfer this playlist to my USB a folder called Contents shows up and then it sorts all my music by artists. Now that is fine but the problem is i have a gig coming up, and i will be using 850s or 900s (not NXS). Ive never used these before and i am wondering. This folder called Contents with all its sub-folders of artists wont affect me finding tracks? Like i assume i just go to tracks in the menu and all of them will load, instead of being categorized under artist folders. Sorry for such a weird question ive just never used CDJs but have a DDJ-SX so im just curious how this whole thing works.

Adam Nex

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

you will only see the playlists you setup in RB, don't pay attention to the contents folder on the flash drive, thats for RB to read from. The CDJ's will show you how YOU organized your playlists and exported them in RB

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

so if i have one folder called unmixed and unsorted and i simply made it into a playlist on RB then exported it to the USB, even though it sorts it all in contents by artist, on the actual CDJ it will just show me all the tracks in the one playlist?

Adam Nex 0 votes

yes, create and sort in RB, not on your flash drive alone. Make playlists, sort by title and renumber if needed so it stays in the rider you want.. Either way, don't use folders on the flash drive, import and export via RB and the cdjs will read them as playlists

BriChi 0 votes