Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Switching from CDJ400?

Hello, I'm planning on change from CDJ 400 to DDJ-S1 but I'm not sure of this.

I'm really excited about controllers and now that pionner has its own, I'm seriously thinking on this switch.

My only fear is computers shutting down live and** latency issues** (when I connect my CDJ400 to my Macbook Pro everything seems slower, for instance there is a delay from when I press the play button and the song really starts).

Would you recommend me the switch?

José Antonio Carvallo

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

12 commentaires

I've had the DDJ-S1 for a couple of months now. I use a Macbook Pro 15" with the i5 series chip. Absolutely no problems with it and i have yet to experience any latency issues. The S1 is a great piece of hardware. Very, very easy to use. I would recommend the switch.

DJ EWOK 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I would also recommend the switch.  I use the t1 and came from a dual deck pioneer player and am very satisfied with the transition.  I use a pc now and have had minor issues but I know how to avoid them. 

RenoeNVy 0 votes

Yeah I think the switch can be a good thing.

I personally have both (the CDJ4000 an the DDJ-S1) and I wil keep both.

Just one thing, I don't have any issue with My CDJ400 and my macbook Pro. No slow operations and no Latency.

Do you use a USB hub ?

Paco 0 votes

Thank you all guys for your answers. I'm getting even more excited now.

@Paco: I use a powered USB Hub, but when I connect them directly I have same issues. It's not something I could not live with, but everything seems a bit slower compared to CD mode. I mean, when I press the play button, the song does not start immediately, but after amillisecond. It's a very small delay, but it can become very annoying. This won't happen when I connect an iPod or MP3, just when I connect to the mbp through USB cable.

José Antonio Carvallo 0 votes

How is your USB Latency Set ? (In the setup area)

Paco 0 votes

No it's not auto, it's 1,3,5,15 ms etc...

In the setup Area in the hardware TAB

Paco 0 votes

I just used my friend's S1 the other day for a few hours and as having personally owned a CDJ-400 in the past, I would also advocate the switch. We were using with a 13" Mac book pro with nothing upgraded on it besides a 4 gig ram upgrade and it seemed to work with no latency issues for more than 6 hours.

Cheers :)

Setz3R 0 votes

Another happy T1 user here!

Although it's not right to say "no latency at all" on DDJ's, it is too minor to be noticed or affecting your normal operation. Bottom line, DDJ is still a MIDI controller that is designed to work software, so the latency is expected.  You can't compared it with a pair of CDJ's with DJM mixer.

In general, i'm very pleased with my decision to move on to DDJ.

danzzz 0 votes

So far, everyone recommends the switch, so I put my cdj400 set for sale!

@paco thank you very much also for your help, It got little better, but still don't like it at all!

Thank you for your advice guys.

José Antonio Carvallo 0 votes

I wouldnt recommend the switch. 1. Sync button hate it, no talent in syncing. 2. S1 just imitates the CDJ400. 3. Its bundled with Serato :/ . Overall my opinion just stick with the CDJ's and get a newer mixer from Pioneer I personally got the DDM4000 with 2x 400's and I just love it. Never lets me down on my sets. Dont need a laptop either even though I got one. All I did was buy an external recorder and a few flashdrives and I was set.  

DJ Twamp 0 votes

I  have not tried the S1 but i would not recomend you to sell off the 400s, if some catastrophe catches your computer, that way you will still have something to keep playing

Tarmadadj 0 votes