Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

No sound from ITCH

I have all but banging my head on the wall for the past 3 days, I got 0 response from the Serato forum. Too be fair the are at least 3 users on the front page of that Serato Forums with the same issues.  So to be clear, this DDJ-S1 will be returned if this is the level of support I can expect...

DDJ-S1 less then 2 weeks old

Acer Windows 7(64) I5 laptop 4 gig of ram 64 gig SSD drive

I have 0 sound output from the unit, regardless of ANY setting. So far the list of things I have tried are

Loading to both decks

2 different audio sources

2 different headphones

Looping vs not

Effect vs not

Both decks on cue

Both decks off cue

Either deck cue'd individually

All aux / mics on vs off

Different track

Trim adjusted to full and middle (both decks)

All 3 crossfader settings 

All internal cross fader adjustments

Full EQ adjustment (both decks)

Reloading ITCH

Uninstalling and Reinstalling all drivers

Both channels will light up and I have seen the master light work as well but neither output any type of sound.

I am completely at my wits end with this if this is not resolved **quickly** I will be switching to NI product as my $ deserves much better then this.

Ken

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

16 commentaires

@Ken > Did you have the S1 connected via USB when you installed the Itch software?  Is the Itch unit recognized by Windows as a hardware device AND soundcard?

I'd be happy to help you out with this as quickly as I can, but I'm currently in Japan and might not be right on-the-switch with replies.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Pulse 

I have tried and all 3 USB plugs as well as installing in all 3 positions (after a un-install) of course

Windows does recognize the device levels are all the way up in every setting I can find. Also worth mentioning outside of 0 sound from either the headphones or master I still have complete control of ITCH via any of the USB connectors.

Ken 0 votes

<snip> Sorry, can't link to other forums. </snip>

I realize this isn't Serato forums, but when you have 8-10 threads in 9 pages of tech notes on a controller something is up. Is there anyway to get someone from Pioneer on the phone?!? At this point my frustration with this thing is off the charts and seeing *0* support makes me think I spent my $ on the wrong product....

Ken 0 votes

BTW as an update

Removed the last 3 windows updates

Uninstalled both ITCH and the DDJ asio drivers

Used ccleaner and rebooted

Reinstalled ITCH (correct verision from Serato's site)

How is the SP-6 going to be implemented if the keyboard is covered, some light on this would be able the only thing I can think of to keep on the ITCH boat (previously I have owned the V7 and sold it because of stability issues.)

I hear NI is offering a free upgrade for the month of July.....

-Sincerely disappointed customer...

Ken 0 votes

Got a response on the Serato forums last night, still no luck.

Anyone out there?!?

Ken 0 votes

Called and spoke with tech yesterday during my lunch, the gentleman I spoke with advised to try on a different computer to see if the same results would be found. Tried on a machine well under the minimum specs for ITCH and it worked pretty well all considering.

From there I reloaded my Windows 7 Restore disc - computer booted up and all is well, sound works through ITCH then ran into a problem, I hadn't registered my copy of Windows prior to backing up and my key code was lost in a recent move. Without the ability to install all the drivers needed I couldn't test - truth be told this isn't Serato or Pioneers fault that I lost the key code, but I am HIGHLY annoyed at this point and out $ to buy a new one, and my laptop was in PERFECT working order with Torq, Traktor and VDJ, hell it even worked for a week prior to these issues. There was no reason to even have to reformat, I only did this to humor the SINGLE suggestion I have heard from Pioneer.

Reformatted and installed Windows 7 Pro 64. Booted up and hunted down chip-set and graphics drivers and without installing anything else installed ITCH 1.8 with the DDJ-S1 drivers. After a restart a quick test showed that ITCH seemed to be working (music being pulled from a USB stick) I did have one crash during this test. I loaded a track and while the wave form was coming up started tapping the beat **crash** deck A continued deck B would not let me load any other song from any other source. Instant doubled A to B resulted in the master output volume to drop in half....

After moving music and another restart I went to start ITCH again and finally start playing.....SAME AS BEFORE....0 sound...urgh I am so frustrated I could scream!

During my 25 min call with Pioneer yesterday I was told that Tech CANNOT post on these forums WTF folks?!? Why change the forum, why even have a tech page?? I was also told that Pioneer has not heard this is even a common problem, which means they aren't even checking this forum... I don't know what to do at this point. I genuinely believe this is 100% a software issue but it's really disappointing that as far as I can tell there is 0 involvement from Pioneer on this...

Ken 0 votes

Just got off the phone with Pioneer Tech (20 min hold time) spoke with Kevin again today he sounded empathic but that's about all. Sorry Kevin, no offense you! One would think working as a tech they would offer you the tools to test your products in a manner they might be used. Never mind had they offered you that opportunity we might be closer to a solution. At least on Mac and one PC in the room your in that can be tried with different OS's would be the bare minimum one would expect. If Pioneer sees it fit to give you supply the Tech team so sparingly I can totally understand how A) this happened in the first place and B) how I have been damn near the only one to post in either of my threads.... 

Kevin mentioned he had tried a unit on a 32 bit install of windows 7 where it worked fine. No way of testing 64 and the engineers are away in Japan.

All this said : Kudos for being on the front line Kevin, I work for a mail order company and I have been in your shoes before, you were profession and kind and have done your job to the best of your ability, it's just a damn shame Pioneer leaves you so ill equipped to the job you could be providing. Please don't take that as a knock on you, this serves only as a reflection to how little Pioneer must care...

Well Serato and Pioneer I hate to say this but I can't wait any longer for some type of reasonable trouble shooting. I purchased the product online and zZsounds.com has agreed to take this back as defective, especially due to extremely limited support by both parties. Truth be told I was really looking forward to the developments from 2.0 but I simply can't risk the downtime and reliability never mind at this rate I would end up beyond my return window sitting on a expensive brick...

Really wish this was different, going to try windows 7 32 as 2 large companies can't seem to spend any of there time on this, or at very least report what they are seeing, Pioneer as far as I can tell you haven't even started working on my issue and frankly by the time you have a chance my unit will be on the way back to you. Maybe it will help someone else, since I do not plan to use Windows 32 nor can afford to have DJ only laptop or run out and buy a Mac.

Its really disappointing between 2 of the premier DJ companies out there I got such little help I'm not even considering either as a replacement in terms of Scratch Live or CDJ's.

Ken 0 votes

Ken sorry to hear that.  I had my issues with the pc and the t1.  it took me 4 hours to diagnose my issues when i unboxed my new controller.  Brand new and it didnt work with my pc.  Pissed!  well after several conversations with  pc software developers and issues between the t1 and pc I bought a 3.5 year old mac.  can you say flawless.  Sorry but unless your pc is specifically for dj use or has an unreal processor and serious ram mac is the way.  The communication is soo different between a mac and a pc.  I dont want to turn this into a bash pc session but........ pc cannot match performance of mac with realtime audio apples to apples.  Same processor same ram. your issue is the pc.  Sorry man I know its not what you want to hear but it is the truth.  Have you ran a geekbench test on your pc?  my pc is 2 years old.  the mac scored a 3239 pc 2339.  

RenoeNVy 0 votes

@Renoe

Thanks for the reply, I have tossed around the same idea but the bottom line is I am not going to buy a Mac to use a product made for PC's and Mac's. For giggles I downloaded that Geek Bench software you post about....4317. This machine is only a year old, is plenty for the DDJ-S1 I really can't understand why there is even a Mac versus PC for Serato arguement, for the money charged it should just work, or at VERY least they should be able to what known issues they have had.

Ken 0 votes

*shine some light into known issues, or bounce ideas off of me for a fix to this issue.

Ken 0 votes

I would suggest pulling the battery out for 5 or soo minutes.

RenoeNVy 0 votes

Really?!? nothing at all? No response not one SINGLE suggestion from Pioneer here.

Ken 0 votes

@Ken > I spoke with Kevin @ Pioneer and was told that you had returned the unit (which is what you posted):

zZsounds.com has agreed to take this back as defective

So I assumed that you had returned it and this was case-closed.

Pulse 0 votes

It seems I have the same issue. DDJ-S1 is 1 week old. Installed on my laptop, worked great for a week, then yesterday decided to not play anything. Full control of ITCH except no sound anywhere.

Installed ITCH on my desktop PC and it plays just fine, so must be a software issue.

Laptop is corporate so I cannot just reinstall it - sure hope someone can answer what is causing this.

Kind of sux.

Michal 0 votes

@Michal > What version of Itch were you running?  1.8?  You should upgrade to 2.0 as there are many improvements to the software.

You say the computer's corporate (and thus likely has user restrictions on installing software), so how did you get the software installed the first time?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse, thx for the response.

For the benefit of the forum heres what I tried:

Tried reinstalling 1.8 as well as removing and installing 2.0, no improvement. ASIO settings utility displays correctly. Windows sounds come through the DDJ-S1, but no ITCH sound. Have full control of ITCH though, loading etc. Master A & B level also light up when track is played even though I can't hear it.

Installed 1.8 onto my desktop PC, also Win7 64, and simply moved the USB connection, all other cables exactly the same, sounds plays 100%.

As for my laptop being corporate, not really user restrictions, I can install what I want, I just cannot request an OS reload if my personal DJ software ain't working :)

However.......... the issue has gone away, yes, magically.

Not sure what it was/is, just hoping that was the last of it.

Most strange.

Michal 0 votes