Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Traktor Pro 2 migration problems

I’m trying to set up TP2 with my T1 and am not getting full functionality. I have the sample decks showing in C and D, can drag loops to them and play them using the mouse only. I don’t have any control over them using the T1

I’ve followed the instructions from ”Traktor Pro 2 Settings File Import Guide” as best I can. Problem has been that the display images on the program have not consistently matched the screen shots in the guide. This makes it hard to figure out exactly where I am in the upgrade process. I’m using a Macbook and had to create a Settings folder inside the Traktor 2 folder for the .tsi file which is a copy of the unzipped file

I think I might have interference from the old LE .tsi file.

When I go to Traktor Preferences/Controller Manager/ Device Setup/ Device Box, there are three drop down options:

Pro 2 Default Mapping-Generic Keyboard ( keyboard, n/a)

Pro DDJ-T1 (347_-49217536, 347_-49217536)

Pro DDJ-T1 (n/a,n/a)

If I click on "Import, Default Settings/Controller/Pioneer/"  I can see the "_05 dummy... ddj-t1.tsi" _but Mac won't let me delete it.

I have no idea whether these are the default  options or the import options from  “Pioneer_DDJ-T1_V100tsi” and whether I should delete them or not. There is no "DDJ-T1 Sample Deck..." to delete in the device menu as is shown on the guide screenshot. i don't want to delete the DDJ-T1 do I?

.On the other hand, If I click on "Import, Default Settings/Controller/Pioneer/"  I can see the "_05 dummy... ddj-t1.tsi" _but Mac won't let me delete it

Help appreciated!

lectric77

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Try this ...

Remove ALL controllers from within Traktor's settings page (don't delete the files), then run the Setup Wizard (under the Help menu), configure it for the DDJ-T1.  Re-download the TSI file and save it to your desktop.  Next, open the settings page again and import the TSI from your desktop; there is no need to save it to your Traktor folders, it will be added upon import.

You should now have full control of the basic T1 features plus the sample decks via the TSI.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I've decided to upgrade by getting a more powerful laptop.  When loading the software again to a new computer, should I just skip the LE and load TP2 directly without the manufacturers edition in place prior?

lectric77 0 votes

@lectric77 > It's actually the same software, but different features are unlocked via the serial number you activate.  So long as you have the newest version (you could even download the newest demo version of Pro 2), that's your best bet.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

Thanks for your help. I'm not downloding Traktor because my Macbook Air does not have an optical reader and I did not trust to be without a disc, so I got an ouitboard optical drive  and installed that way from the box versioin. I transfer downloaded music files from my internet connected desktop pc via an external HD. Does it make any difference that I took physical delivery of the  CD version and am installing that way?  Do I have to contact anyone regarding moving the installation to a different laptop?

Much Thanks.

lectric77 0 votes

@lectric77 > You didn't need to install the CD version as the download is a newer version and would overwrite the older version.  As noted previously, the installer is the same - it's up to the serial that unlocks it.

In regards to moving the installation, are you referring to simply installing it on a different machine?  Or actually moving some of the files?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm installing TP2 on a new machine and will be reformating the HD on the old machine and getting rid of it. There are only a couple of playlists currently stored in the program on that machine that I don't care about if the file transfer becomes too complicated.

lectric77 0 votes

Hi

This has not worked for me

I want to go back to the original 4 decks but the c deck load button will not work still after doing all of the above.

Andrew Fransis 0 votes