Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

buying a T1 soon but what Monitors (booth output question too)

basically im buying a ddj-t1 this week but im not sure what monitors to buy with it? Also iv read the T1 doesnt have a booth out but what exactly does this mean and will it have an effect on the monitors i buy and how they work?

THANKS!

FB

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

@FB > I'll toot the Pioneer horn here and tell you that the S-DJ05's are fantastic monitors (really, they are), they put out a decent amount of sound for a small room monitor.

The fact that the T1 doesn't have a booth-out is not a deal-breaker; the booth is typically the same output as the master, but you have the ability to control it from the mixer independently of the master, much like you can the headphone volume.  If you've got a pair of S-DJ05's connected, you have a booth knob in the fact the speakers come with a remote volume knob.  Problem solved!

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

thanks thats really helpfull but there too much for me! especially with the DDJ-T1 any other ( lower end) suggestions? And am i right in saying that with no booth output the master volume is all controlled by the speakers?

FB 0 votes

Hi,

with out the respect of the pioneer groups and technicals, my prefereses are these little guys here

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileBX8aDeluxe.html

I payed around 315 euros includ shipping and i´m soo happy with- I had the chance to here them booth of the s-dj05 and s-dj08 on the pro-sound&light in germany and the sound wasnt that clear as these little beasts and that was my decision to get them home

greets

roBRoy 0 votes

Thanks! Maybe still a little too much for me. Im based in London btw.

FB 0 votes

krk rokit rp5 - I paid £230 for them - not cheap but the sound quality is incredible 

gavinjacob 0 votes

Seconded on the KRKs... I have a pair of rp5s and a pair of rp6... brilliant, especially given price.

Of course if you can shelve out the cash for some Pioneer s-dj05s, damn, go for it for sure :D

JP 0 votes

@FB How big is your room? I have both KRK Rokit 6 (for studio) and M-Audio BX5a Deluxe for DJing. I've mounted them in ear height and it's more than enough if you have a small room like I have... See attached picture.

oakstream 0 votes