Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Question RE: Odyssey FZGSPIDDJSBL Glide Case

Hey,

Hoping someone has this case and can help me out, I have two questions:

• Did you leave the feet on the ddj or take them off?
  • How did you place the padding.

Thanks!

Nick James

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

16 commentaires

I left the feet on mine. The additional height is great. The pad in the lid is to stop the sliding shelf from sliding during transit. Everything else worked great. I actually velcroed my t1 into it's home it was a little loose by its own.

RenoeNVy 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Good question! I just ordered this case. I will leave the feets on. Isn't there velcro pads that go under the shelf to brace the mixer from moving? how did you place those?

Chris 0 votes

Mine came with the padding already in place,with a COUPLE of extra pieces ,just in case the end user wanted to get creative. Solid Case...each time the top was removed,the unit was in the same place as i packed it. Highly recommended...

Ruffrob1 0 votes

OP here, don't remember what login I used for this...

I did it like this:

• - Left the feet on
  • - The two triangle foam wedges are on the bottom of the laptop rack and line up with the hot cue and cue/play buttons 
  • - The square block is inside the lid and sits at the back to stop the laptop tray from sliding when closed

The only problem I've had is the front lip of the laptop tray clips the cross fader as you pull it forward :/

I've also heard some people instead of using the small foam blocks under the laptop tray put Velcro on the feet of the controller to hold it in place that way it is secure even if the laptop tray isn't in the case.

One word of warning about any road case with any digital gear:

• NEVER put foam in a place that will put pressure on the jog wheels. 
Nick James 0 votes

buy two types of velcro.  sticky back and double sided.  the carpet in the case will manage your cordage well as long as you use the right amount of velcro.  this case is great.  cleans up well and holds extra gear like head phones and laptop extra batteries for whatever pens and business cards.  if you manage the cords properly you can slide the shelf with out clipping any buttons.  two thumbs up.  just beware of the weight.  the case alone is around 30 pounds with all my gear in my case it weighs 45-50 pounds.  heavy for the novice. 

RenoeNVy 0 votes

Just got my Odyssey case. Mine is also hitting the crossfader when the laptop shelf is slid down... Is it because the legs are on?? I dont want to take them off. I just have to pull up on the shelf everytime i slide over the crossfader... Maybe it's a flaw??

Chris 0 votes

So I ended up using a Dremel to the bottom of the shelf taking my time sanding down some metal. Worked perfect! no more touching the crossfade when sliding the tray!

Chris 0 votes

Im pretty peeved.  I just got the case today and it's hitting the cross-fader as well.  I have the black label edition as well.  I didn't realize how heavy this this was going to be.  Also pretty bulky.  What sold me on the case was the sliding shelf, but I'm starting to regret not getting the official pioneer soft case instead. 

Donkeybong 0 votes

If the crossfader is hitting the framework,the middle of the laptop shelf is too low (obviously),and should be returned for a case that clears the crossfade area.....Truthfully,this could maybe come from the Pioneer unit being too high in the bottom part of the case...Is it propped up by the foam?? Is the center of the laptop shelf bent downward in the middle?? See if you can readjust it,..Good Luck...

Ruffrob1 0 votes

Thanks for the advice.  I actually took out the shelf and bent it just a tad.  Now the crossfader clears it fine.  You just have to be carefull when you bend it so you dont break the it. 

Donkeybong 0 votes

I've been reading everyone’s post and have a solution.  The top lid has a big square Velcro on the back, take that and put it in the front.  That way when the slider closes it hits the foam and stops.  I have it that way and it doesn't touch my unit.  I also bought Deck Savers and it helps me even more.  The only problem is that the slider gets stuck and needs to be pushed in a bit.  It works for my. Will take some pics and will update my post.

DJ Kostya 0 votes

If you do that wont the square push down on the crossfader? pics would be nice to get an idea...

Chris 0 votes

Hey,Funk,that software doesn't look like Serato Itch ,please tell me what is it?....Thanks

Ruffrob1 0 votes

@ Chris,

Please find the pictures you asked about.  I also use deck savers to protect my gear from dust or anyone spilling things when I'm using it at gigs.  When sliding the tray back, you need to add some force but it will not break.  Keep in mind that my case closes fully without any force.  Just make sure that before you put down your lid fully, (like seen in pic #4) to push the tray back as far as possible.  You should hear it touch the back lid wall.  Also, over a period of almost 5 months of using deck savers, the tray gets pushed up just enough that it doesn't touch my fader, platters or volumes sliders.  Found this out this Saturday (October 30, 2011).

Hope this helps.  If you want more info let me know.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@ Paul R,

Funk is using Traktor.  Since his unit is made for it.  Traktor logo is seen on the bottom right hand side and there are 4 channels, unlike 2 seen in Serato version.

DJ Kostya 0 votes