Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Ergo Latency Problems

So tonight I had a go at recording a 1 hour mix, as is normal track levels always seem to vary doesn't matter if they come off Beatport or ripped from CD's.

What I found was if you turn the gain for either deck to boost or reduce the levels the software doesn't react straight away there is a delay then it overcompensates in a big way either giving a big boost or reduction in level :(

My laptop is a reasonable level Sony Vaio with an i3 Core Processor & 4gb of ram the USB ports are 2.0 & its Win 7 64bit version

The deck itself is pretty good, on my experience so far the interface with the software not so good

David Shaw

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

@David > I'm guessing the problem is because of software-pickup; if you haven't adjusted the knob on the hardware and it's in a different position to the software, you need to "go to" where the software knob is positioned in order to make any changes.  This is an advantageous method as you can't accidentally move a knob or fader and have the level for that control jump.  I do know that the levels are sensitive for the gain in the software as compared to a DJM mixer, but you should still be able to set levels to a reasonable accuracy with a bit of practice.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

The other thing to note is that the software uses an auto-gain function and can adjust the levels for you.

Pulse 0 votes

Where is the auto gain? I recorded a 1 hour mix last night & the track levels varied greatly the delay between turning the actual knob & the sofware reacting is quite noticeable. Its not something I've come accross with other controllers & VDJ.

By the way just out of interest what is that round mouse in the screen picture on you video & where could I get 1 ?

David Shaw 0 votes

Within LE, it's a hidden setting (I believe set to enabled).  In Pro, it's available under the Config on the Options tab.

That "mouse" is actually the speaker control knob for adjusting the volume.

I used the ERGO for 2 weeks doing a tour to retailers across Canada and I didn't notice any delay between the hardware movement and the software reaction unless I was in a software-pickup mode; in other words, the hardware knob's position and the position of the software knob were in different places and the software would not move until the hardware meets the software's position.  Example; if you have the channel C fader at 10 but you're currently controlling channel A and have the fader at 0, when you switch to channel C control, the fader doesn't immediately jump to 0 -- you need to move the fader all the way to 10 in order to "pick it up".

Pulse 0 votes

Can software pickup mode be disabled?

Rob Anderson (UK) 0 votes

No and nor would you want to -- could you imagine having the DECK A channel fader down and switching to DECK C, which was live, until you switched to it but because software pickup is disabled, it jumped to where the fader was -- at zero.

Pulse 0 votes