Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Pioneer DDj-S1 EXTREMELY ANNOYING BUZZING SOUND ON SPEAKERS SDJ-05

I got Pioneer DDj-S1 witch is connected by XLR cables to my Pioneer SDJ-05 speakers..I had connected to my pc and i  get a buzzing noise on the speakers. Then I took downstairs to APPLE iMac and i still get the same, sound you can check here : ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4x9ZkHOWv8 ) .

I tried to disconnect power adapter from DDJ-S1, and the buzzing sound stopped, but also music stopped... I also tried different USB port. It didnt help, also tried different electric sockets.. Didin`t help..Also tried "Cue" 2 songs and listhen on headphones.. sound is clean...no BUzzing noise..

PLease help me!!.

Marius

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

14 commentaires

I have a Imac 27". Everything works just humming noise comes out my speakers hooked up to DDJ-S1. Need Help

Efrain Cortes 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Marius & @Efrain > We'll start by eliminating some possibilities. Unplug the power cord from the DDJ and try running on USB power only. Does this eliminate the sound? If not, also remove the power source to the laptop. Does this resolve the sound problem?

Gavin 0 votes

Same problem here if I disconnect the power supply it stops

Todd dion 0 votes

If I run on USB only on my iMac there's no sound thru speakers. I took off the ground prong from another power cable and plugged my iMac this way and the noise is mostly gone. My laptop doesn't have any issues with it only my iMac. I also have my whole setup plugged in a monster cable clean power box. The pa speakers, sub, iMac, and ddj-s1.

Efrain Cortes 0 votes

@Todd > It's likely a ground loop or the APCI circuitry causing the hum; is it the computer power supply you're disconnecting?

@Efrain > Without the power for the S1, there's low or no output from the XLRs. If you have him, it's likely a ground-loop on your setup as well. DO NOT remove any grounding pin, instead try using a hum-eliminating transformer or DI box which will likely address your issue.

Pulse 0 votes

I have the same buzzing sound happening on my setup as well and I hear the sound as soon as I plug my USB from the DDJ. I'll try something to eliminate the hum. It must be what the DDJ is plugged into. I'm a mobile DJ so I have a Furman power strip with a microphone and my DDJ plugged into it. Something there must be causing the issue.

BinnieDJ 0 votes

@Binnie > Have you tried with the laptop power supply disconnected?

Pulse 0 votes

i tried unplugging the laptop hum still there, it only stops if i unplug the ddjs1.....doesnt seem to do it as bad using the rca

Todd dion 0 votes

@Todd > Have you tried disabling your ACPI?  If you Google it, there's several discussions online as to why it causes hum with audio devices and how to disable it.

Pulse 0 votes

I still have this problem and I could not find anything online about disabling the ACPI on a MAC. If you find anything on that please pass it along. I did try unplugging my MAC's power supply and that did not work. I really need to get this fixed because it sucks hearing this when I doing weddings.

BinnieDJ 0 votes

Any update on this? Was anyone able to fix this problem?

BinnieDJ 0 votes

I had this issue last night. I isolated it to my external drive. I get a chattering noise when the drive spins up and there is noise when the music is being using from the drive and ITCH uses the audio. I am going to try and have it run without a ground but that should not be an issue since I use the same drive with a TTM 57, DJM2000 and other mixers and there is never an issue with the noise. Check that Binnie if you are using an external drive. I will post more about this later as I am going to try working on this tonight. If it is not a ground issue then I am not sure what the issue. From what I am finding is that if you are using a PC that there is going to be a ground issue. If you use RCA cables you can get a ground isolator and that will resolve the ground issues you are having.

Chris Boynton 0 votes

I'm using a Mac and I'm also using the XLR outs. I do have more to add and a question. I unplugged the power cable from the controller and let it run off of USB power. When I did that I could not get any audio out. When I plugged the power cable back to it the audio came back with the buzz. Anybody have this issue? And do you have to use the power cable when using the XLR outputs?

BinnieDJ 0 votes

I have the same issue…Is there any fix yet?  I have an iMac 21 and DD-S1. I also have a macbook pro and when I use the controller with the Macbook there is no hum…only with the iMac I purchased a Hum X from Guitar Center hoping it would solve the problem but it did not.

Bobby Sesma 0 votes