Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-T1 - Traktor 2.5

Hello,

Native Instruments announced today some massive changes to their Traktor licensing fees, and how they will distribute Traktor in future.

My question is now, what will happen to DDJ-T1 buyers with the bundled Traktor Pioneer Edition 2? Will we also get a (function restricted) update to Traktor 2.5 or will be Traktor 2.1.3 the end of the update path for ddj-t1 buyers?

bye

Darky

Dark-Sider

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

I know this link, but it doesn't say anything about TraktorME / Pioneer Edition

Dark-Sider 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

did you read the faQ chapter 4 ?

[quote}

Q: “I own a “small” version of TRAKTOR such as TRAKTOR LE 1, TRAKTOR LE 2 or TRAKTOR ME (e.g. Pioneer Edition), that was bundled with a hardware product. How do I upgrade to TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 with Remix Decks?”

A: We really simplified our software product line – TRAKTOR PRO 2 is the product you need, and you can get it for at an incredible new price. Buy the full version here – it now costs less than the upgrade from LE 2 to PRO 2 used to! You’ll instantly be able to use the latest generation and will receive a free update to TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 once it’s released.[/quote]

roBRoy 0 votes

We haven't received any info on how updates will work yet.  I (personally) expected that because it's not major (whole-number) version update that anyone using 2.x would get it free, but that may not be the case.  We'll post when we have info.

Pulse 0 votes

if i was too buy the ddj t1 from lets say ebay for example, (second hand), would i get the traktor software same as normal?

or is it like i wont because its already been activated by its previous owner? not completely sure on how it goes

dj menty

Nathan Winn -- DJ MentY 0 votes

@Nathan > The current owner would have to release the software license with NI in order for you to be able to register it.  If they don't, you'll simply have to buy a copy of Traktor yourself.

Pulse 0 votes