Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ ERGO frame by frame search

I am trying to figure out the ddj-ergo's capability of frame by frame search. In a normal cdj player this was a basic feature. After pausing the track using jog and in stutter mode, you are able to search a frame of 1/75sec. I have used vdj,traktor and serato but when i try to set a cue point it seems like a frame is only something like 1/3 sec. which makes it impossible to locate an accurate cue point. Am i doing anything wrong? Are there any options i am not aware of?  

Famelis Nikos

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

If you have VDJ Pro Full there is a free plugin on the site for registered users to CUE like on a CDJ using CDs

Taff 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Famelis > You have very accurate cueing in vinyl-scrub mode in any software.  I'm not sure how it compares in terms of frames (or milliseconds for that matter), but I guarantee that it's more accurate than 1/3rd of a second.

Pulse 0 votes

I would like to apologize for my initial statement of not precise frame search. The feeling of time when looking at the full time wavelength is wrong when trying to cue. Because of the absence of the traditional cdj stutter mode when doing frame by frame search to cue, it sounds like a non accurate jog's ability to locate cue points. Zoom to the wavelength needs, in order to visually mark cue points -the most accurate way [at this point manual beatgrid setup rather than automatic one is needed].

I also want to request once again the features of rekordbox applied to mp3 to become compatible with Traktor  -perhaps like an add on- as with mixvibes cross. Since pioneer has developed its own tool i don't see the reason why not every latest pioneer gear to be supported.

Thank you in advance

Famelis Nikos 0 votes

@Famelis > The ERGO jog is more than capable of accurate cue placement; perhaps you're just not using it the right way?

rekordbox and Traktor will never be inter-compatible apart from something like rekordbox-buddy (developed by a non-Pioneer individual) which allows exchange of playlist and cuepoint info.

Pulse 0 votes