Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

11 abonnés S’abonner

ddj-wego and virtual dj can't select effects

Hello!

Just got controller. Putted it in and launched. When I trying to select wich effect will be under which button (Shift FX) all effects resets. I can assign effects only with mouse. And from whole list of effects I can choose only two. On any other effects except this two (flanger and phaser) dropdown list also resets.

I've already update Virtual DJ to latest version and controller's firmware too.

Павел Крупин

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

55 commentaires

nathan davis, You get there by performing. Go' -> 'Go to folder' and typing in your path here.

Павел Крупин 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

nathan davis, did you replace yourname with your user's real name? I mean not nathan davis, but user name that system using (maybe something like ndavis or nathandavis I don't know).

Павел Крупин 0 votes

I have a macbook pro retina and i'm having the same problem, any idea how i can find this file to delete because i have no clue at the moment. cheers

Sam Yates 0 votes

Hi, Sam Yates. Did you walked through all scenario descibed above in this topic? On which step do you have troubles?

Павел Крупин 0 votes

Did everyone in this thread get their issues resolved in the end?

Gavin 0 votes

Hi, Gavin! I'm the topic starter. And described scenario sorted out this issue. Can't speak for all. But as far as I am only person who solved this issue and consulting people in this topic I think most of them solved issue.

Павел Крупин 0 votes

Ok thanks, I'm just looking to close this thread if everyone has had their questions answered.

If anyone else is still having issues please let us know.

Gavin 0 votes

I can say that people consistently posting in this topic. Because most of them buying controller after trying VDJ Home. :) So it will be good to move recipe from this topic to something like FAQ's question/answer section.

Павел Крупин 0 votes

Hi there,

I have tried everything above and nothing is working for me. I have searched for the file but there were no results. I've reinstalled the software and deleted the virtualdj home edition. Can someone please help me?

Bodie Jacob Wong 0 votes

Hi, Bodie Jacob Wong. The only reason of this issue that two .plist files existing at the same time. So you only need to locate that one frome other verison (Home) move it to trash and than empty it. I mean that if you have this issue then file is rigth in place (in path noted above in scenario).

Павел Крупин 0 votes

I have searched for the files and they can't be found

Bodie Jacob Wong 0 votes

Bodie Jacob Wong, it cannot be. Belive me, if there is issue there is two .plist files at least in outlined folder. Please try once more to locate this folder. Because there no other reasons of this issue.

Павел Крупин 0 votes

I have deleted every single virtualdj file on my computer and gone through every folder. I just browsed to that folder but it cannot be found

Bodie Jacob Wong 0 votes

Bodie Jacob Wong, can you tell me full path where you looking for file(s)?

Павел Крупин 0 votes

Павел Крупин: Thanks for your post !!

I am using Macbook Air perviously on VDJ Home. For me to use this new WEGO, i have to overcome 2 prob. First the intallation and second the FX botton,... finally now get it working !!

Spin it !

three6kei 0 votes

i have uninstalled everything once again. should i install the firmware first before installing virtualdj le?

Bodie Jacob Wong 0 votes

Bodie Jacob Wong, if you removed .plist file mentioned above in the post you don't have to reinstall firmware.

Only if you feel uncomfortable about your firmware version you may do so.

Павел Крупин 0 votes

Bodie Jacob Wong, thank you for you screenshots. Now it shades the light.

You do everything right with one exception. You don't have to enter file name in this box (com.atomix. and so on). You just need to enter /Users/bodiewong/Library/Preferences and press enter. Then you will get finder window with contents of this folder (Preferences inside Library and others).

Inside this folder look for file named com.atomixproductions.home.plist (it maybe named not right like I typed beacuse I don't remeber. But it obligatory have home part in it) and similary named .lock file.

Move both of them to trash. Then empty it. Restart software.

I hope it will help.

Павел Крупин 0 votes

okay thank you. i have just found it and deleted it and virtualdj le. i will reinstall it now and see how that goes

Bodie Jacob Wong 0 votes

finally it works!! thank you so much! you have put a good start to my day :)

Bodie Jacob Wong 0 votes

OMG! THANKYOU SO MUCH Павел Крупин !!! i've been searching for this solution forever... THAANKYOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME! you made my day :')

khania angelica 0 votes

Hi,
Having a problem with virtual dj 8 on my Mac pro retina....
when i go to change the FX via drop down button, i get this pop up
"wxWidgets Debug Alert"
then gives me the option to close program or ignore.
have tried a few things from this discussion but nothing has seemed to work
im using a DDJ-WEGO.

Any help would be great

Thanks.

Kane Peart 0 votes