Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

8 abonnés S’abonner

E-7001 Error !!!!

NO......................

Just went to update to the firmware 4.05 and the player displayed a "main firmware file is corrupt" message. I then downloaded the firmware again and used a clean USB stick to flash the player. Firmware appeared to have installed correctly but upon using the player I receive the E-7001 Disk Drive Error.

Help !!! need the players for Saturday night !!!!

The Douganator

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

25 commentaires

Well it sounds like you've done most of the steps correctly but just to be sure... Did you unpack the files and place them (no folders) on the root of a USB stick (formatted to FAT)?

Gavin 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I have done plenty of updates before with no problems at all. Yes I formatted the USB stick and extracted the files correctly. The player does say its running 4.05 on the boot screen. My second CDJ has upgraded fine without an issue.

Is there any way to re-flash the firmware with current or old? When I try to update using 4.05 the only section that shows updating is "drive".

Do you think my error code is caused by the first "main firmware file is corrupt" fault?

Is there maybe a way to clear the error code off the screen so I can continue to use the player (as I can not see the wave table with the error code showing)?

Is there a master firmware reset or something?

something, pleaseeeeeee

The Douganator 0 votes

Hello . . .  . .  . is there anyone out there . . . . .... .

The Douganator 0 votes

Very quiet in here. Interested to see if anyone has had this problem so we can fix it if it happens to us one day.

Ric Rush 0 votes

i would contact technical support as opposed to waiting for a response here for nearly a week,

Nick Hilton 0 votes

@The Douganator > It's a minor update so it makes sense that only the drive is updated in this release. Is the error displayed all the time?

Gavin 0 votes

I don't think there was an update for the drive itself...

@The Douganator > Are you still having problems?  I may have something for you to try.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes the error displays all the time. The CD drive does not poll when the unit is first turned on. Talking to techs in NZ hasn't really come up with any good answers other than fitting a new chip in the player?? Surely the player can be re-flashed at a service level.

Or, is the CD drive really faulty? I never use is the CD drive but did it just crap out at the same time I did a firmware upgrade (unlikely I'd think)?

The Douganator 0 votes

As I said, I don't believe there was an update for the drive portion of the player with this update, but I'm going to email you some info.

Pulse 0 votes

Problem has been resolved now. Unit has returned to NZ service agent and the ROM chip was replaced. Issued was caused by a corrupt firmware file. 

Repaired free of charge (thank you Monaco NZ).

Cheers pulse for working this issue through with me.

The Douganator 1 vote

ola pulso fui atualizar o firmware  do meu cdj 900 e agora fica aparecendo a mensagem 

E-7001 Erro!! você pode me ajudar a Resolver o Poblema ?

Amilton Anderson 0 votes

@Amilton > Sorry, you'll need to contact technical support from the links on the right to seek assistance from Pioneer in your region; you may need to take or send the unit for servicing.

Pulse 0 votes

If this is caused by a firmware upgrade error, would they service the unit even if it wasn't under warranty? I'm getting the same error message.

Oliver Kiss 0 votes

Not an upgrade error, but please contact tech support in your region to see about repair and warranty information.

Pulse 0 votes

I have tried several times to update the firmware files. It updates every section except for DRIVE. When the unit powers on, it starts at 20% and then after a few seconds, jumps to 100%. This happens every time. I know it's not the USB, or the files, as I have attempted this on 4 different USB sticks. 

Oliver Kiss 0 votes

Ok, thank you Pulse. I will call them tomorrow.

Oliver Kiss 0 votes

Hello, I have exactly the same problem! please tell me what was the problem?

Igor Gasto 0 votes

@Igor > You will need to contact technical support in your area. Links are on the right >>

Gavin 0 votes

The problem for me what that some wires were loose, and as soon as they got reattached everything started working properly!

Oliver Kiss 0 votes

@Oliver > Thanks for updating us and letting us know.

Gavin 0 votes

I'm using Pioneer DJM-2000's. Only 4 months old. Haven't left the bedroom, and I have only ever played from USB using Rekord Box. Today I got the dreaded Ë-7001: Disc Drive Error, even though I have never inserted a disc!!! What's happened here?

JJ Norman 0 votes

@JJ Norman > Are you using CDJ2000s / CDJ2000nexus or CDJ1000MK3s because you mentioned you are using DJM2000s, posted in the CDJ2000 section and also posted in the Legacy Gear under a CDJ1000MK3 heading? I'm assuming you mean CDJ2000s, right?

You mention you only have them 4 months. Did you buy them new or second hand?

Gavin 0 votes

Today it happened to me!!! Exactly as described.
I think in Chile there is no Service Center. So, please can someone help me with this ??? Maybe a closer country.
I wrote in the contact tab. But, no response.

Cristobal Alicera 0 votes