Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

BPM issues when mixing with USB's on my CDJ-900

This problem is really starting to annoy me, I own a pair of CDJ-900 and a CDJ-400.

First things first, I already put my tunes through rekordbox for the CDJ-900 USB, I had to, mainly because it gives me a retarded BPM reading when its not gone through rekordbox.

Right, so this is the issue here, my bpm pitch is ±10, that means it goes 1 BPM up when a tune reaches 0.40% increase. But the problem with some tunes regardless of BPM, some go up by 1 when it reaches 0.35% (YES, THIS IS AFTER I SYNC'D THE TUNES ON REKORDBOX.)

One thing I realized today was tunes that are below 130 BPM go up 2 BPM up at 1.20%, 130-136 go up 2 BPM up at 1.15% and 138+ go up 2 BPM at 1.10%. At least thats how it is on my CDJ-400.

Does anyone ever have inaccurate BPM readings when using USB's? This never happens with CD's

Yes, I've got the latest firmware 4.05, and the latest version of rekordbox. I took a video of the problem before, and this was before I went through rekordbox.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kgDcOTzc0

Amir_9

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

@Amir_9 > Pitch is relative to the original BPM...

A track at 100BPM pitched +10% will now be at 110BPM; a difference of 10BPM.

A track at 130BPM pitched +10% will now be at 143BPM; a difference of 13BPM.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Erm.. did you read my original post?

Let me put it like this, two tracks that are the same loaded on my CDJ-400 and CDJ-900, they go up or down BPM's at different percentages when using a USB, but both change at the same percentage when using CD's.

Watch this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kgDcOTzc0

Amir_9 0 votes

I know that some tracks are x and a half BPM etc. don't bother going there.

Two clear tracks at exactly 130 BPM or whatever it may be, they go up to 130.5 or basically rounded off to 131 on CDJ at difference percentages.

When both are set at  ±10 and both are 0.00% (original BPM/speed) even when the CDJ-900 tracks have gone through rekordbox, the track on a CDJ-400 goes from 130 to 131 (on the display) at 0.40% and at 0.35% on the CDJ-400. Why? (and as you can see in the video, at 0.20%)

Both tracks are the same. This should not happen.

Amir_9 0 votes

Heres an example, a 129 BPM tune, just did this few minutes ago, at ±10 tempo it went to 130 on the counter at 0.35%. (CDJ-900)

On the CDJ-400 it went to 130 on the reader at 0.40%.

This means if I actually want them to stay beatmatched, I have to have both of them on 0.35% or 0.40%. does not sound like a problem right?But this gets tedious when I want to mix tunes that have 2-3 BPM difference give or take.

Amir_9 0 votes

So your using the same song on both players right. Is it 129bmp bang on? Or point something? You say the cdj900 has been put through RB. So the Bpm comes from RB on the 900. On the other hand the cdj400 had to determine it it's self. RB is more precise at detecting Bpms than a cdj400. The cdj400 could get it point something wrong hence the Bmp changes at a different percent.

Morgo 0 votes

I think Morgo has pretty much summed it up -- Rekordbox analysis of the tracks is more accurate than what is processed by the counter by measuring the audio and thus the 900 is more accurate and you should start ignoring the numbers and mix with your ears.  :)

Pulse 0 votes