Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000 and connecting to a winXP pc.

I installed the correct drivers and configured my cdj2000 with my xp pc. The pc recognized it and all seems well. I turned on the cdj2000, hit link, I see the:

Control mode (HID Advanced) -

-- usb midi

Push to connect.

So I push to connect and see the link button remains flashing and a picture of the cdj2000 + pc with the line between them.

I think I am missing something in the whole picture, I was kinda expecting to be able to retrieve songs (through folder exploration), and/or songs via rekordbox db. None of this seems to be happening.

Either I have misinterpreted what the usb -> pc is all about (maybe its just for certain software like traktor/serrato?), or am missing some kind of configuration step.

Please enlighten me :)

Tony

Tony Higgins

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

@Tony > You don't use USB for Rekordbox; you need to use the network (Link) connection for that.  The USB is only used for HID / MIDI control of DJ software.  There are a few guides online but if you need specific help, just ask.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

OK so just a straight lan cable from the cdj2000 to my PC? The PC only has one network connection, what if I wanted to stay online while I had the cdj connected?

Thank you

Tony

Tony Higgins 0 votes

I don't play this way, but I think you need to get a network switch in order to connect with PC.

Dream Treez 0 votes

@Tony > You will need a network switch - something like a NetGear FS108 should do you nicely. You should probably avoid being online at the same time as there have been some reports of the CDJs sending high amounts of traffic over the network which has the potential to cause connectivity problems.

Gavin 0 votes

If your pc only has one network point and you want to remain online then i suggest installing a second network card and a network switch to run the dex

my pc is always online when i play however i tend not to use link that much anyway but recently it has always been stable.

im sure this no network thing only applies to mac users anyway as it has never been as prominent with windows users from what i hvae seen.

Im sure you are misinterpreting the software anyway,

if you want to scroll thru tracks on your pc from the dex then you are going to need software and use hid / midi mode as you have stated,

rekordbox is more of a music management software to enable you to put your sets together and you can drop tracks to the decks.

i hope this gives you a better understanding :)

Nick Hilton 0 votes

I got an 8 port hub in the end (sorry for such a long time posting back), works a treat and I can stay online. Its a...well a netgear s108 same as mentioned above heh!

Tony Higgins 0 votes

@Tony > Thanks for taking the time to report back and let us know - glad everything is working splendidly for you!

Gavin 0 votes