Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

[SOLVED] Loop Cutter

The Topic explains my main concern of this article

I came from a Serato Background, but have baptized my self to go use CD's, I think i was itching inside to just own my CD collection and how to say, do it old school way in some sense in terms with cdj's.

How ever, i'm very use to how Serato halves the loops. On the Contrary the loop cutter ont he CDJ 2000 when using CD's is based on the timing i press it. Serato had some cushion, or timing for me to halve my loops which i thought was logical as long. 

Is it possible to switch the cdj 2000's loop cutter to be like that? or do i have to just tap it in on time of when i want to halve it? I'm not the most pro at pressing the loop cutter at the perfect timing.

Any help?i useed to use loop cutter alot.

SpeakerHandz

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

5 commentaires

I would like this feature also ... But i doubt it can be possible with the hardware limitations ...

L V G 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I dont see how there could be limitations tho. I'm not a tech-guy so i dono the details of the software to hardware relation of cdj 2000. Any word from the top?

SpeakerHandz 0 votes

@SpeakerHandz > have you tried the Loop Cutter on the CDJ2000? Enable a 4 beat loop. Press it again to half it, you can keep shortening the loops this way. Alternatively, enable a 4 beat loop, press Loop Out and then use the touchstrip to enable a loop of your choice.

Gavin 0 votes

Does the Nexus have the "Loop Cutter" as well, just like the 2000? If not, how can this exact feature be added to the Nexus by MIDI program.

This is a main feature I use ALL THE TIME and it wasn't on the Nexus

Christopher Abell 0 votes

@Christopher > The CDJ-2000nexus does not have the same feature. It was removed because of the touchstrip and the slip modes.

Pulse 0 votes