Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Will we always have to use Recordbox?

When friends come over that don't have CDJ2000's and use mine I either have to analize their tracks first for them or just not have a waveform until they play through once. Kinda sucks. I'm just wondering if that could ever been changed in an update.?

JOHNBOY

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

They can download rekordbox for free and do it before they come over :)

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Johnboy > Rekordbox is available as a free download for both Mac and Windows OS platforms so they've no excuse ;)

The CDJ2000 hardware cannot pre-analyse compressed media formats such as MP3.

Gavin 0 votes

I personally don't use rekordbox anymore (too bad i can't use the quantize feature then) due to its own way of exporting tracks to a media instead of keeping your personal directories tree. So i let the decks analyse new songs while max pitching + cutting down the volume..

metcdj2k 0 votes

Gavin, look man I never had to analyse any tracks before using the 500, 700, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000 and I am having major, major issues with these 2000's that I've never seen before. It changes everytime I update my firmare! I shouldn't have to be forced to do analyse or work so hard at keeping the tracks together! Rordbox isn't perfect at all! the bars don't always line up for a perfect HOT CUE and so on. I don't care to plan a set either! I play from the hip everytime and take like 2000 tracks so it sucks that if u want to DL a track for a goer and then must analyse it first-BLAH BLAH BLAH! These idiots with Traktor have sync buttons and these 2000's are like working with 2 Technics with broken pitch faders. Come on Pioneer Reps! Don't feed me a line. Go back to the developers and get this stuff organized!

JOHNBOY 0 votes

When I ordered my 2000's I thought I would have to buy Traktor, but now using the demo of Traktor with the 2000's I can't see why anybody would want to, it's horrible. I love rekordbox, its so easy to set and recall cue's and loops. It's brilliant. There is no need for Traktor

Marsano 0 votes

Gavin would the new update for Rekordbox fix problems automatically with those same tracks in there without us doing anything? Thanks

JOHNBOY 0 votes

@Johnboy > You don't need Rekordbox but it does make things a little better easier for some.

Rekordbox and the CDJ firmware is always being tweaked to ensure tighter control of your music. I'm not 100% clear on what you mean with your last comment...

Gavin -1 votes

itunes has a feature that shows all the duplicate files so they can be easily deleted. i would like to see that in recordbox as well.

Zoltan Kovacs 0 votes