Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Loop cutter questions

So I've read my manual on the loop cutter buttons but I think I need to get the gist of what this is intended for and how to use it.

Though I've had my CDJ-2000 players for over a year now I am not sure how to 'properly' use these features.  I understand some of how they work from watching Youtube videos (IE Elaskins) that explain when to cut a track to make a loop.

When I tried doing it a few times I couldn't really get how I'd use it in a set.  (keep note I am not using a Pioneer mixer, but I don't know why I'd need one for this either)  I can cut a beat and loop the beat over and over and over, make it faster and faster, slow it with the platter etc. But how are you supposed to do that and then seamlessly kill the loop and let the track continue from where it left off?

movingzachb

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Youtube it. You'd be amazed how much how-to content is on Youtube.

RyanTV 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@movingzachb > Just some tips about loops on the CDJ-2000:

• If you're using Rekordbox analyzed files with "Quantize" turned "ON", the In/Out loop buttons will instantly lock to the nearest beat and will provide you with a perfect loop.
  • You can use the "4 Beat Loop" to instantly set a 4 bar loop OR if you already have a loop set, the "4 Beat Loop" button becomes a "Loop Cutter" button and will instantly cut the current loop in half. Doesn't matter if the loop was set with the IN/OUT buttons or the "4 Beat Loop" button.
  • When engaged in a loop, you can hit the "IN" button again and adjust the IN position of the loop by turning the Jog wheel. This is mostly useful when not using Rekordbox analyzed files because you can adjust the loop to be perfectly in time.
  • When engaged in a loop, you can hit the "OUT" button again and adjust the OUT position with the Jog wheel.
  • When engaged in a loop and you press the "OUT" button again, the waveform on the CDJ-2000 turns into an instant loop selector and you can select a variety of instant loops by pressing and releasing on the "Needle Search" bar. This is a great feature!
  • Lastly, to EXIT a loop and resume play from the current position, simply hit the "Reloop/Exit" button. If you want to trigger that last loop again, just it the "Reloop/Exit" button again and it will reloop it. 

I hope you find these helpful. :) 

Foster 0 votes

Thanks, Ill mess around with it some more. A good real world example to see would be helpful. Hopefully I can find one on  youtube. Kind of wanted to get an idea of what this functionality is intended to do from Pioneers perspective.

movingzachb 0 votes

@movingzachb > Sit tight and I might be able to make a video explaining everything this weekend. :)

Foster 0 votes

Sure. I'm sure others on this forum would be just as interested in that to.

movingzachb 0 votes

@movingzachb > I made a video for the Loop features and capabilities on the CDJ-2000 today. I also show and explain the difference between using an un-analyzed track and a Rekordbox analyzed track and what happens. I hope this explains everything I mentioned above. :)

http://youtu.be/GJ3cH-fva50

Foster 0 votes

This was one of things I demo'd a lot at BPM and I was surprised at how many people hadn't discovered / weren't aware of it. Perhaps out fault, but we have videos to come.

Gavin 0 votes