Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000 + traktor 2 help ???

hi all

i have an issue while recording in traktor 2, i can record but when i listen back not only can hear the track playing but also the track i'm cueing to mix, even though the channels not up, when i did the mix live i had no problems

it's like traktor's recording whether both channels are up or not :(

cheers

Anthony

A.M.A

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

13 commentaires

@Anthony > How do you have your recording settings configured?  Can you post a screenshot of them please?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

just quick question pulse, i'm using a pioneer djm 800 aswel , do i need to have traktor output  routing & mix recorder set to external ? my mix was recorded both as internal

A.M.A 0 votes

You want the mixer set to external, but then you need some method of getting the audio back into the computer with another soundcard.  Because you're using multiple soundcards you'll have to aggregate that input soundcard with the output soundcards as Traktor can only handle 1 soundcard within the setup.

Pulse 0 votes

hi pulse

huh ?? i'm using my CDJ 2000's as controllers they have soundcards, surley i don't need another soundcard ??

A.M.A 0 votes

@anthony > The CDJ-2000's have a 2 out sound card, which allows you to play a track from the CDJ via USB connection. Since there is no Input on the sound card, you unfortunately cannot record from the CDJ. Now that you're running both CDJ's into your DJM-800, and your DJM-800 doesn't have a built in sound card either, you will need another line to run the audio back into your computer to record. To receive the best quality, you should connect from the REC Out on the DJM-800 into a sound card that has an "Input" for recording. 

There are other methods of recording from the DJM-800, but that will ensure you receive the best quality. 

Foster 0 votes

hi foster

so let me get this right, i running 2 CDJ 2000 + 1 pioneer djm 800 + macbook pro + traktor pro 2

do i still need lets say an audio dj 4 or 8 etc ?

Ant

A.M.A 0 votes

Not necessarily; you could use any soundcard with an stereo-pair input.

Pulse 0 votes

i'm totally lost now pulse, i'm gonna have a look at my settings in traktor, i know i can record i have a mix in wav already,

A.M.A 0 votes

@anthony > No worries, he just meant that you don't need a massive sound card like the Audio 8 since it has 8 in / 8 outs on it. You would only need a smaller 2 channel sound card that supports Stereo audio. 

It is recommended to use an external sound card to receive the best quality possible. You could result to using a dual RCA cable that leads to a 1/8" connection and connect it to the Mic input on your computer. This however will net receive the best quality possible and varies between different computers as well. Although, you may be happy with the quality you can receive by doing this, as you save up some money to invest in a different sound card, but you can find some good ones for low prices and shouldn't be too much of an issue. :)

Foster 0 votes

its making more sense now fellas, thank you foster & pulse, what genre do u like foster ?

A.M.A 0 votes

@anthony > That's some good news man. :) Just fire away if you have more questions or need a hand with some stuff.

I'm a bit curious what made you ask me that question? lol Hit me up on FB as I'd like to keep this thread on topic. :)

Foster 0 votes

HI

just wanted to know what genre your into & what dj's/producers you like :)

A.M.A 0 votes

lol you can add me to Facebook Here and can chat DJ's/Producers. :D

It's best to keep the forum threads on topic for less confusion, better organization, and accurate Search results. :)

Foster 0 votes