Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

11 abonnés S’abonner

Rip Off!

So i got an email from a website promoting a new Gemini CD mixer, the CDJ 700. It is a blatant rip off of the CDJ 2000, has pioneer not patented the 2000 design and/or copy righted the CDJ plus number. Gemini should hang their heads in shame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUKvH_4K0E

Marsano

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

17 commentaires

thats been around for a while, clear rip off

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

But using the player you will quickly see it's imitation in image alone.  ;)

Pulse 0 votes

LOOKS LIKE A CRAPPY CHINESE IMPORT OF THE PIONEER CDJ 2000 lol

A.M.A 0 votes

I see it has a master tempo feature, you never know it might be a step up - Oooohhh sorry couldn't resist

PaulM72 0 votes

Looking at that video it is pretty sickening really as they have gone to great lengths to ensure it has a lot of the features and looks like the 900 and the 2000's

Hot cues / slip mode / sd card / start / break / basic design /

i really thought pioneer would have had something to say about this?

this flattery is financially damaging to pioneers lesser controllers in my opinion as people may go for this instead of investing in a better quality controller?

Nick Hilton 0 votes

personally I think if you are the type to even buy Gemini, You would never get Pioneer anyway so it wouldn't hurt them too much. If you were one to know and consider Pioneer based on the stability, why would you EVER not buy a CDJ and go Gemini now based on that P.O.S, I can see if it was a comparable company quality wise but comparing the 2 is a joke and i am sure Pioneer has nothing to worry about. 

BriChi 0 votes

It's kinda like BMW feeling threated by Pontiac copying many of their design elements, like the kidney grills.

I don't think they're losing sleep in Germany.  ;)

Fuse Promote 0 votes

What a horrible device, from any point of view !!! Just take a look at the guy trying to do some "scratching" (min 6:30), awful responsiveness.

They have edited that video each time the "professional player" behaved like a piece of junk.

I'm just wondering, what if this device is made so bad just to show how good the cdj2000 and cdj900 are ?  LOL

Marian Eugen 0 votes

I remember asking about this before and being told that 'its not even worth legal getting into it'.

Gavin 0 votes

People who don't want to buy (they aren't cheap of course) the CDJ-2000 will buy something like that also just because it looks like one.  There are cosmetic sales points as well out there.

movingzachb 0 votes

Looking at what it will cost. It is still better off saving for a 850 or 900 etc.

movingzachb 0 votes

It's no different than every turntable manufacturer copying the technics 1210's, not only did they look cheap and crap, within 10 seconds of using them, you could tell they weren't up to the job......  i dont think pioneer has anything to worry about 

aaron elliott 0 votes

you have to been living under a rock for 10 years to want to buy one of them. shocking looks like it made by yoko.

Stripped Back 0 votes