Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

8 abonnés S’abonner

Strange watching CDJ 2000 with Master Tempo!?!

Hi,

after the last days it totaly faild playing with MT (Ver. 4.10) I started today a new try. And something very strange happend:

I was starting playing with MT and it worked perfectly the first 2 hours. Perfect sound quality, no drifting, accurate quantized loops. Everything fine and perfect and I was happy!

After 2 hours of playing suddenly it started:

Sound became worse, mixing was in fact of drifting and sloping or hacking impossible. Loops were totaly out of timing and it was impossible to go on like this. I had done nothing other than before! I mean, what the hell?!? It worked 2 hours and then the player wanna have a break and a beer?!?

Funny thing is, it was the same USB stick, after the problems had started I tried it with the same music, all genres, different pitches, different styles of mixing and handling of the player... all the same!

I'm seroiusly confused about it! Could it be, the player looses in fact of heating by running power??? But my players stand totaly alone and free, so normaly no chance to become warm, unless it heats up into the body. Room temperature is about 20 degree Celcius.

Or is it a software buck???

Maybe you can give me an answer!

Thanks, Greetings,

Xador

PS: I still wanna know what's up with the DJM 2000. You can delete my posts as often you want! ;-)

Xador

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

64 commentaires

Pulse.

Im not using Rekordbox as of yet, but will in future, Will Most likely set up when I get my new mixer. Its the Cds im having problems with. Drifting is a big Problem. Trouble is when i copy cds in MP3 i get no wave on the display of the CDjs. Ive been Copying in Audio CD on I Tunes ( Wave does Display). Firmware has requested me to Copy in MP3 CBR (Constant Bitrate) Will This Show a wave Display Do you Know.? 

Regards Alan.

Alan Darker 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Also will it stop the Drifting If i copy In MPC3 CBR (Constant Bitrate)?

Regards Alan.

Alan Darker 0 votes

@Alan > Yes, you should use CBR rather than VBR files - VBR files can be poorly compressed and doesn't always work well.

When you are burning a CD, ensure you do so as an uncompressed audio CD (most likely represented in your burning software as CD-AUDIO). Burning in this method will facilitate the quicker loading of waveform data on screen. What burning software do you use?

Gavin 0 votes

Im Using I Tunes to Burn my Cds, but can only burn them in Audio Cd as the MP3 mode doesn't show the wave on the Display. Trouble is Im getting Drifting Of the Tempo On Tracks. This is main problem.

Regards Alan

Alan Darker 0 votes