Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

41 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ2000 NXS Discussion,

Ok lets hear ya!!

who is getting them and what are your thoughts and questions??

lets get the ball rolling!!

Nick Hilton

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

218 commentaires

You can use USB 3.0! You export your music in high speed and most of theme were read by the actual CDJ 2000s. Read by the speed of USB 2.0, but I think even for wave it works fine!

Xador 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

not really keen on them, lots of stuff could have been implemented in first place. Cash Move?

EpikureeR 0 votes

@ThatGuyWill: There are a lot of hardware devices (non desktop computers) that play FLAC, see http://flac.sourceforge.net/links.html#hardware . Even IPOD will play FLAC if you flash RockBox firmware to it! So hardware is not the limitation, it's purely software that implementes FLAC decoding. Other examples: Philips, Rio, Sansa, Samsung, Cowon mp3 players play FLAC with the stock/default firmware. 

Pasi Kärkkäinen 0 votes

Companies are waking up to FLAC support ... Why not Pioneer ?

L V G 0 votes

@pasi - the difference is you have to "hack" the device to get it to work.  That's why I mentioned Android in -stock- form.  You mention all those players, how much market share do they have?  Practically none.  I saw that list before I posted.  Never even heard of Cowon?

Not only do you have to convince Pioneer that it's worth it to play FLAC, you'd also have to convince Beatport, DJDownload, traxsource, etc. to sell it in flac.  Which, considering they already sell wmv files, they probably won't be too hot to do.  3 file types takes up a LOT of server space.  Why should pioneer add FLAC if nobody sells it, why should anybody sell it if nobody uses it?

ThatGuyWill 0 votes

edit: wma file.  another reason i hate this BBS, i can't edit posts.

ThatGuyWill 0 votes

@ThatGuyWill: I've been buying FLAC files from Juno Download.

Pasi Kärkkäinen 0 votes

Juno, wow, i had forgotten about them.  lol.  So one down.

I see that SSL now supports FLAC.  I'd barely count that since it's on a laptop, not on a standalone player.

ThatGuyWill 0 votes

Yep, both Serato and Traktor support FLAC.

Pasi Kärkkäinen 0 votes

Quick questions: the lcd panel are exact the same as in the regular 2000's? When that's the case, is this what we see in pictures a new ui?

Anastasio 0 votes

You do realise that if you're a Serato/Traktor user, then you don't actually care in the slightest whether a player supports FLAC or not, since the player, if you use one to control your software, does nothing in terms of processing or playing the music.

@Tasos: It'd be foolish to assume bits of hardware are the same.  The UI has obviously been overhauled though, it needed it, everyone knew that :)

Mark90 0 votes

@Mark90: Naturally.. the point was that when the "competition" supports FLAC, so should Pioneer aswell :)

Pasi Kärkkäinen 0 votes

Mark90 sorry my friend if i don't get you right (not very good en speaker:)).. So it is the same panel, and the ui is new. Is that correct?

Anastasio 0 votes

the wireless connection through the Ipad or Iphone ... can choose which ship deck the music, as is the Aero??

The CDJs have wifi card in them?

I Djm 2000 and want to connect lan in the mixer and not use wireless Rub, put forward by the music wi fi, is possible?

EDDY 0 votes

Tasos:  The UI looks new.  We don't know about the panel.

Mark90 0 votes

Hope it comes a litte brother for the Cdj 2000 nxs ;)

markoerregger 0 votes

I still think pioneer should send me 2 of these beasts as goodwill for that wifi idea ;) Pulse? :)

dtm 0 votes

Slip mode and quantize only features WORTH IMO but 2400 down here in mex with dollar currency wow price will be real fancy and recently i bought two cdjs 2000 and a 900 nexus

Benjamin Castro 0 votes

hey guys! I see pioneer finally switched over to get some big cash out of our pockets  again ;) I will certainly stick with my 2000s for now but since pioneer changed I dediced to go along with the flow and 'NEXUS'  my new avatar pic ;)

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

1st and foremost - the inclusion of a "Beat Sync" button is absolute blaspheme. This is supposed to be a pro level product. Makes me sad to see it on here.

Next questions/comments:

Have pioneer sorted out the quality issue concerning the network jack and USB port on the back of the unit?

How is Master Tempo on the unit?

I'd like to see the different view options on the screen - I do like the large wavform view though.

Are there any real improvements to RekordBox on the computer side or are we still going to be using a half working piece of software?

I like the inclusion of the standard power cable. Makes things much easier. I can just leave a set at home and put a set in my to-go bag.

Tell is about the finish on the unit - Any less resistant to scratches, etc? Looks like they have done something different with it forgoing the piano black plastic.

Explain how the wi-fi connection works- Do i just connect the players directly to my wi-fi network, put in my password, and away you go? Standard DHCP setup using regular IP addressing?

Anyway - I'm sure I'll have more. They look cool even though I hate the idea of them having a sync button on them. Not sure if there is enough added value to move from the 2000s, but we will see.

RyanTV 0 votes

oh, and what does "All major music formats" mean? FLAC and ALAC supported? Puh-lease?

RyanTV 0 votes

@Nvasion > I believe I answered you in your thread.

@Si Boogie > There is only so much we can do with a CD - if this is your primary audio source (and what you want to stick to) then I would say these players maybe are not for you.

@Xador > There is no artifacting on tracks with MT engaged up to +/-16.

@WCF > DJM2000 updates have been acknowledged - this isn't the place for that discussion.

@cdjbasile > We'll have to wait and see what is made available for the CDJ2000, we cannot comment at this time. Some functions may be portable but I wouldn't hold my breath.

@Benno > Yes, this is the normal way Pioneer do things - release videos of some acts demoing the units before Dave Eserin does the 'in-depth' videos.

@Fuse Promote > Available end of September I believe.

@Pasi > I'm not sure at the moment.

@cdjbasile > I believe the footprint is the same.

@ThatGuyWill > Please do not start a sync war. Its blown up all over the interwebs already. It was a global trending thingy-ma-jig on Twitter earlier and huge fights were breaking out on YouTube. Anything that can allow the DJ to be more creative, right? Plus, pitch up and down on one track and it is sync'd across all players? Thats pretty cool.

@LVG > NTFS means Pioneer have to pay more money to Microsoft which means higher prices for the end user. FAT works fine! USB3.0 isn't all that necessary - USB2.0 speeds work just fine. As for FLAC, well, more hardware limitations. 

@tasos > Upgraded display and UI.

@RyanTV > Blaspheme? Really? Couldn't the same be said for the BPM display? Every effort has been made to achieve an over all top quality finish on the product. Master Tempo now, contains, no artifacting up to +/-16. More rekordbox updates to come. Can't comment on the scratches finish - I don't know. Just like using the CDJ2000s, you will want to keep the CDJ2000nexus on an independent network.

Gavin 0 votes

"Beat Sync" YEEAAS!!! All ****** DJs played with their Virtual dj stuff and with magical beat sync button they become a good DJs

Now all rich DJs without ears also magically will become a good DJs =DDD

And that Wi-Fi stuff... when I will see somebody playing from RB using wifi stuff I will be so nasty and use my Wi-Fi Jammer!!! Ha ha =DDD

Sigius 0 votes

@Sigius > Please be aware these are family friendly forums so watch the expletives. How is the addition of beat sync any different than the inclusion of, say, the BPM readout or hot cues / autoloops? How does a sync button automatically enable a DJ to become good at reading a crowd and playing music to suit their tastes? It doesn't your point is moot - if its a feature that can allow a DJ to be more creative then bring it on! If you don't like it, you don't have to enable it!

Should there be a dropout in signal, the CDJs automatically engage auto loops. Using a WiFi jammer is illegal.

In all seriousness, if you are only here to troll then you can find the log out button in the top right hand corner. 

Gavin 0 votes

Gavin you forgot to quote me, i do expect a pair of cdj's as goodwill :)

dtm 0 votes

Well i would be hapyer if thy players would support usb3, even if i have to pay some eyro more (i dont think that would be very expensive..) and if there would be no sync button.. But i think i can live with it. It will be much easier to go down with the bpm's playnig 2 or 3 (track n tools or aca) at same time, just like the demo video's. If i catch myself to use sync in any other way, i sale them, and buy 2 more technics mk5 lol

Anastasio 0 votes

Nice nice... BUT

No FLAC support.

Why why WHHHY?

DJ SPiRiTMooN 0 votes

@dtm > My apologies, yes I believe I saw three being put in delivery area for you earlier. We were afraid you might be offended if we only sent you two.

@Tasos > Whats the problem with sync? This implementation opens up a range of creative possibilities!

Gavin 0 votes

@Gavin, Let me guess, 2 cdj2000nexus and 1 XDJ Aero? :) really sweet of you guys, i love you <3

I will keep this screenshot as a memory even tho Pulse ditched the idea couple of years ago :)

I might have some other nice ideas for the mk3, but let's save them for now.. :-)

dtm 0 votes