Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

41 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ2000 NXS Discussion,

Ok lets hear ya!!

who is getting them and what are your thoughts and questions??

lets get the ball rolling!!

Nick Hilton

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

218 commentaires

CDJ2000 nexus looks nice. I love the waveform and some of the new features. But I think I will stick with my cdj2000s for now and see.

I only wanna ask, is the new players gonna be compatible to previous ones ??

For example..  

Will I be able to play with same USB stick to both cdj2000mk1 and cdj2000nxs ??

Will I be able to connect via LINK both cdj2000mk1 and cdj2000nxs and play with one USB stick ??

Dream Treez 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

hmmm Gavin it's about dj's principles ! You know some of us are a litle old skool etc.. And i really don't like to see or hear someone to play music but cannot mix with the cdj 100 and a simple mixer (not to mention vinyl stuff). Anyway technology goes on, and so must the dj's. It's a big talk, and not for this topic. I think i buy them, allready asked my dealer to get me a pair.. good think is, and i recommend to anyone: Rent your "old" cdj's 2000! You get your money back in less than a year!

Anastasio 0 votes

Is the footprint the same as CDJ-2000?   Will my flight cases fit the new players?

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Fuse i think they are exact the same. They look that way..

Anastasio 0 votes

Gotta say the 3 demo vids that are up don't impress me very much with how they put them through their paces. Can we see Zabiela tearing these things a new one? That should always be the standard for new Pioneer gear demo videos IMHO.

D.j. Inertia 0 votes

@Fuse > Exactly the same size.

If I hear one more DJ complain about the sync button, claiming that it's not "true to DJing" or "it's cheating", I'm going to demand they show their worth using a pair of belt-drive turntables, disco records, and a mixer with no headphone cueing.

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah... no joke, pulse.

The players are not even on the market yet, and people are complaining.  It would be funny, if not so sad.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

@Pulse, wasn't long time ago i heard you complain about sync :) I remember we had a nice talk about it over in the old forum :)

dtm 0 votes

It's there, it's in the software I use ... but I don't press the button.  Let those who want to use it, push it.

Pulse 0 votes

Guys i'm not complaining, its just an opinion.. W task in here right

Anastasio 0 votes

What a great update. Good to hear that Pioneer has been listening to what DJs want. Can't wait to have a go on them to be honest.

Phil 0 votes

Looks like a wonderful product. Can't wait to get my hands on a pair.

One question I had after seeing the screen and the new zoomable wav is:

Do I still need to run all my files through rekordbox first for the wav to show up instantly?

I simply do not like using rekordbox and I'm not using it now.

And it seems like a huge job to run my entire library through rekordbox JUST to see the wav instantly.

Mista Tee 0 votes

@Mista Tee > Yes, you must run the tracks through rekordbox for instant waveforms.

Pulse 0 votes

@Gavin I rarely use cd these days but as I guess this is an over priced controller with a cd player tagged on it. It's a nice product but in the world of controllers it's behind the times by a few years and over priced several hundred £€¥$ or what a person spends. Name one thing on the unit the is new to the market and can't be found on cheaper controller?

Si BooGie 0 votes

If that many people are bitching about the sync feature, then maybe there's something to it?  I don't care that much, but it certainly cheapens the experience even if you don't use it.

All I want is a booth output.  lol.

ThatGuyWill 0 votes

@ Si Boogie - how is this a controller? it's not controlling anything as you don't need a laptop or software to DJ. It can be used as a controller with Advanced HID to control Traktor/Serato but that is a bonus function, it's primary function is a DJ deck. 

If you prefer controllers, good for you but not everyone wants to carry round laptops, cables and little boxes of buttons and have to start rearranging DJ booths to set up their kit.

Name one controller that is the standard installation in the top clubs? 

Phil 0 votes

@ Si Boogie

Q - "Name one thing on the unit the is new to the market and can't be found on cheaper controller?"

A  - The Pioneer name, and reputation for building products with impeccable quality. 

What Technics was for the turntable, Pioneer is for the Controller/Deck/Mixer market. Period.

D.j. Inertia 0 votes

When will the on-line stores and stores around the globe carry them Gavin? How much will they retail for? I saw on a thread they will be around 2399$ each??

DJ WOLFË 0 votes

$2399 is the MSRP.  MSRP is always higher than the street price for electronics.

Another question I have is whether the Key field will use Camelot Notation, or just the Sharps/Flats notation?  Or will this be user selectable?

Fuse Promote 0 votes

$2399 is the MSRP.  MSRP is always higher than the street price for electronics.

so like 2000 each street probably

BriChi 0 votes

I found this about keys.

In Relation to the key of music being played by any players connected with "PRO DJ LINK", consonant music is displayed in blue and is therefore easy to find.

Morgo 0 votes

Looks also that the shiny part of the 2000's plastic has now some sort of wood grain markings in it.

Morgo 0 votes

$2400 is how much the shops are selling them in Australia for :(

High dollar doesn't mean shit over here

ekwipt 0 votes

I know aye still geting them though. just have to save a little longer :)

Morgo 0 votes

Great update, scrolling waveform definitely tempting... now can we get some news on the RMX Stand...?

Also, @Galvin or @Pulse is the CDJ-2000 NXS going to have HID support for traktor out of the box? Will scrolling waveforms push to the player?

Louie V 0 votes

I can't wait to see the reviews, comparison, etc.

Still I feel the CDJ-2000s are the best!  

F!RMWAR3 0 votes