Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

41 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ2000 NXS Discussion,

Ok lets hear ya!!

who is getting them and what are your thoughts and questions??

lets get the ball rolling!!

Nick Hilton

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

218 commentaires

i see really a lot of people are pissed about the sync stuff

EpikureeR 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Phil > I don't use a controller or a sync button and unfortunatley with these beauties you do need software to benefit from the added functions even if the software doesn't have to be connected at the time of playing. The CD deck is just a plain old CD deck no waveform function no quantize. Maybe I'll buy a pair just for the sync option so I can get paid for doing nothing other than throwing a few quantized loops, drops and efx over the mix : )

@DJ Inertia > name one thing that's new. Your answer was BS as there are no new functions that can't be found else where. Maybe they should've left off the CD player and called it the XDJ2000. BTW building products with impeccable quality.I guess I got a faulty CDJ straight out the box and another faulty in less then 6 months from the bad batch made on an off day

Anyway this is probably not the place for ranting. One last thing "Industry’s First DJ Player with Wireless Source Capability** " ???? **Surley not

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/21895887-1-6-2-can-no-longer-link-via-wireless

Si BooGie 0 votes

I think everyone needs to chill out and wait to see the new players work in action before condemning them.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Yes i think too,but hope the users from the old cdjs becomes any future from the new,like waveform or a little bit bigger ;)

markoerregger 0 votes

I'm excited to hear about the new CDJ Nexus. I've been waiting to buy a pair of CDJ 2000's. Now with the New CDJ Nexus I'm considering buying the unit. I'm a Traktor Pro fan, and  I'm worried that Pioneer mentions nothing about the use of Traktor Pro with the unit. I'm a Traktor Fan, and would like to know if there remains a partnership with the CDJ 2000 nexus and Traktor Pro. Or is the point of the new CDJ to phase out the partnership with Traktor? Will I be able to link this unit with Traktor Pro?

My plan;

2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus(will purchase)

1 Allen and Heath DB4 mixer (already own)

Traktor Pro 2.5.1 (already own)

Native Instrument X1 controller (already own) 

6Sixx 0 votes

The people who can afford the CDJ-2000 won't need sync (Exception on David Guetta....).

Sammy 0 votes

@6Sixx   As I understand it, the CDJ-2000 Nexus will offer Advanced HID control just like the CDJ-2000.  I believe the unit should work with Traktor just as well as, if not better than, the existing CDJ-2000.

You will have an excellent setup.  Just like mine, except that I don't use Traktor.  ;)

You have the best DJ mixer on the market, without question.

Honestly, though..... You might begin to find yourself shifting away from Traktor and towards the CDJ standalone.  It's a great way to go.  You can run digital out of the CDJ directly into the Digital Input of the DB4.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

well my 2000's are sold :)  bring on the Nexus!

BriChi 0 votes

What's the going rate for a pair of near mint condition CDJ-2000s?  I'm going to be eBay'ing mine after I buy my Nexi.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

not sure but a friend of mine offered me $1200 a pc and I am taking it, I only paid a little more then that 3 years ago :)

BriChi 0 votes

@BriChi, I think you should sell your cdjs for more!! At the end of the day your cdjs are unique. Have different led lights etc.

Take care

Dream Treez 0 votes

I was thinking about $1200 was right.  I got a super-good deal on mine 3 years ago, so only paid a little bit more than that, too.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I dont get why some people spend thousands of dollars on cdjs just to use them with noob software

Dj Daywalker 0 votes

Why in the holy world would you sell the CDJ-2000.... The nexus is like CDJ-1000 -> CDJ-1000MK2 not alot of change just some dip**** nobody cares about (I'm about to bring a WIFI jammer into the clubs these days). The CDJ-1000MK3 invented mp3 at all , something usefull.

Sammy 0 votes

for one, I love the moving wavefors, I havent used serato in years, all Rekorbox and the one thing I like was the waveform, I just sold my 2000's 3 years later for pretty much what I bought them for so thats a wash and will pay of the 2000nexus pair. you can bring a wifi jammer all you want, I wont be playing tracks wirelessly, LOL... just using the wireless technology to use my iPad for the screen to view, search, load, etc....  Plus, I just like new toys, 3 years with the same cd players, I want something new and shiny to replace them with :)

BriChi 0 votes

@ Sammy   -    LOL.....   Why don't you get back under the bridge?  ; )

Just kidding...    : P

I will get the new players because I like having the latest stuff, and I think there are some cool features being added.  Plus, it sounds like I can sell my old players for nearly what I paid for them and lessen the expense of the new kit.  Seems like a good move to me.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

ok why is everyone going crazy for the zoomed in waveforms? they are useless?

Dj Daywalker 0 votes

Amen djdaywalker if you want to play with software get you any of the ddj models IMO

Benjamin Castro 0 votes

they are not useless, just because you think they are doesnt mean no one else finds a benefit from them. I like seeing the exact spot a beat will hit if i am not 100% familiar with a new track I may have grabbed, thats what I miss.

plus, why do people care what other people spend their money on, If I didnt have it, I wouldnt upgrade. I beat on my 2000's for 3 years, 2-3 times a weekend, it's time to update and have a fresh start for the amount that I use it. Again, why would anyone care no matter how useless they think the upgrade is, I like the start loop feature thingy, auto hot start load, waveform, slip mode, bigger screen (from what I can see), and others, if I used them as a door stop you guys really shouldnt care, LOL

AND, now that theres a sync button, I can finally mix :)  j/k, thats the one feature this deck could have done without

and I agree djdaywalker, people that buy these decks just to control serato or traktor I think is pointless, again, just my opinion of course 

BriChi 0 votes

@brichi , I think people who can afford this player won't need the sync (Exception of David Guetta ofcourse).

(Yes i posted this before..)

Sammy 0 votes

pendant combien de temps on pourra encore acheter des CDJ 2000 avant que la NEXUS la remplace ? jusqu'a rupture des stock ? est à quel prix ?

michel franck 0 votes

I apologize as some of these have been already been answered by @Gavin & @Pulse. I don't feel like taking them out now. ;)

@cdjbasile > Nothing is official regarding future CDJ-2000 firmware updates and capabilities. All updates will be posted and announced HERE. You're welcomed to make suggestions and we will pass them along to the engineers, but everything depends on the current CDJ-2000's capabilities.

@Benno Revelli > Yes, there will be product overview videos coming in due time.

@Fuse Promote > The CDJ-2000nexus will be available in the US later this month.

@Jody Thain > The "They said it couldn't be done" was referring to the CDJ-2000 not capable of producing the Zoomed Wave Display.

@Jack EDM > The CDJ-2000nexus will be support with all current Pioneer DJ products.

@cdjbasile > Same size as current CDJ-2000. Sorry, no type of product rumors are not allowed.

@BriChi > 'Load Previous Track' is great for searching for your next track, loading it, previewing, possibly deciding to look for something better, loading that track, previewing it, but realizing the previous track was a better fit/vibe/feel/match. Load Previous Track displays the last 5 tracks that were played. So you have room to breathe if you search for a few. PS - Thanks for the message. ;) lol

@EDU > Yes you can choose which deck to temporarily send tracks to. There are 2 methods of using the CDJ-2000nexus with Wireless devices. One method does not require a wireless router and is via hard-wired, the other method includes a wireless router.

@RyanTV > Please read below regarding the 'SYNC' button. Same finish I believe. There are 2 methods of using the CDJ-2000nexus with Wireless devices. One method does not require a wireless router and is via hard-wired, the other method includes a wireless router. Compatible file formats include MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF.

@Sigius > 'Sync' does not make a DJ good. A lot of other factors on top of their beat matching skill in my opinion. ;)

@dtm > Oh, just "a pair of CDJ's" as good will? Sure, I'll pass along an old attic pair of CDJ-100's that don't work. lol ;)

@DJ SPiRiTMooN > Hardware limitations.

@Dream Treez > Yes, all current Pioneer DJ products will be compatible with the CDJ-2000nexus.

@Fuse Promote > Same size, so yes. :) Key feature will use standard Sharps/Flats only to my knowledge.

@Louie V > The CDJ-2000nexus supports MIDI-compatible DJ software via a USB connection. The software of choice may require an update for the mapping file.

@Sammy > The CDJ-2000nexus has far more upgrades and new features over the CDJ-2000 when comparing the change from the CDJ-1000 - CDJ-1000MK2.

For anyone who disagrees with the 'SYNC', I would like to share some professional opinions as well as my own:

Gareth Emery - "Seeing as we are on the subject, here are my thoughts on the infamous 'SYNC' button on the new Pioneer CDJ.

FIRSTLY: laptop DJs have had this feature for years. So if you have a problem with 'SYNC' you should probably stop seeing anyone who plays from a laptop, and I guarantee a few of your favourite DJs will fit this group (not me though).

SECONDLY: The actual art of beat mixing (ie: getting tracks in time) hasn't exactly been difficult difficult since CDs took over from vinyl anyway. I used to play entirely from vinyl, and I'm not going to bull**** you - keeping the music in time was more difficult back then than it was after I switched to CDs in 2005.

HOWEVER, this did not mean DJing itself got easier... in fact actual, the opposite was true, because you needed to up your game in other ways. More crowd interaction, edits, fx, tricks etc. In the vinyl days all you really cared about was not letting the music get out of time, nothing else really mattered. But now we rightly expect a lot more from our DJs. It's as challenging, demanding, and difficult to learn as it ever was, just in different ways.

Until they invent a button that allows you to read a crowd, give a great stage performance, program a perfect set, or select ******* great music, I am pretty sure the art of DJing is going to live on. Gaz"

Greg Downey - "Everyone seems to be shouting about the sync button on new 2000s lol, its not written in stone that you have to use it lol! And even if you do , who cares, beat matching is a given, it's everything else as a Dj that counts."

Overall, beat matching is still capable on the CDJ-2000nexus the same way it has been on the flagship CDJ line since the introduction of the CDJ. Of course there has been progression and improvements over the years, which eventually resulted in rekordbox and the CDJ-2000 providing BPM analyzed tracks, a 0.1 BPM readout, and accurate 0.02% tempo adjustments. Thus, any DJ can refer to the BPM readout and increase or decrease the tempo until both decks BPM readout match, which is mostly in time or extremely close. Is there really much difference between reading the BPM and sliding the fader until the numbers match, or pressing a button to basically do both things at once? Of course I do not mean all DJ's just read the BPM's and move the tempo fader, but you must admit the option is there for those who use that method.

It is completely up to a DJ whether to use the Sync or not, and how the DJ will utilize that additional feature and time to incorporate and create something new and unique in their set. There are positive ways to use the feature, and there are negative ways to use the feature. So DJ's: Please choose/use responsibly.

Foster 0 votes

@Foster, thank you. For me, this is the answer I wanted to hear.

Dream Treez 0 votes

@brichi , I think people who can afford this player won't need the sync (Exception of David Guetta ofcourse).

(Yes i posted this before..)

I agree 100%!  

BriChi 0 votes

One of the major let downs for me regarding the cdj 2000 nexus is that the waveforms and quantizing feature is still heavily relied on rekord box in this stage of the game. I always felt mixing with a laptop was a primitive way of djing and the only welcomed option till dj equipment where able to match up with the digital world, which it has been for some time now. So I think it's a let down that the new cdj 2000 nexus does not allow to quantize and use waveforms when not using a laptop since the cdj 2000 nexus in a sense are computers in itself. The rmx 1000 allowed quantizing with out any help so I can't see why future equipment cannot follow suite. Hopefully this will change soon.

DJ NVASION 0 votes

You don't ... you could be 100% computer-free and use the waveforms and quantization.  You can do it on your smartphone or tablet.

Pulse 0 votes

Cdjs are more than capable of utilizing its software without the need of an external source to use waveforms and quantizing. I welcome the idea and think that it's great to be able to use a tablet, smartphone or laptop to get waveforms and quantizing but also think that using the cdj 2000 nexus alone should also allow djs to use these functions with out any external source needed. Such as the rmx 1000 not needing an external source to quantize.

DJ NVASION 0 votes

je pense qu'il devrait conservé au catalogue le cdj 2000 , alors il y aurait deux modéles au choix ( cdj 2000 + cdj 2000 nexus )

michel franck 0 votes

So it's not possible to use the waveforms and quantize if you just prepare your usb stick in rekordbox and put it in? You need to use your iphone?? That would be sad... Because when you come at your gig and eventually the cdj2000 nexus appears to be there, i highly doubt that the most sound engingeers configure it up with wifi router etc...  

Nowadays it's even not unusual to see there are cdj-2000's and i have to put in my own link cable because the engineer's didn't now about it :/ 

X-treme 0 votes

@DJ NVASION > That would be an expensive upgrade to the hardware which wouldn't be used as much as one may think, or by anyone who uses rekordbox to begin with. There is more to using rekordbox than just receiving prepared waveforms and quantization; DJ's are able to reset grid data, edit track information, add track keys, comments, and artwork information, create playlists, change genre and color fields, edit search and browse methods, and of course add Hot Cues, Hot Loops, and Memory points. DJ's who want to utilize any of these features already use rekordbox, which provides the most accurate quantization as it is editable within the software. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that rekordbox is a much more affordable solution to consumers, instead of making costly hardware upgrades for features that are capable for free and are mobile friendly.

@X-treme > Yes, it is possible. As long as your tracks are analyzed and prepared using rekordbox, and the rb data is exported with your tracks to either an SD card, USB device, or stored within the rekordbox app for mobile devices, you will have quantized capabilities and prepared waveforms when playing these tracks on the CDJ-2000nexus.

Foster 0 votes