Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

41 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ2000 NXS Discussion,

Ok lets hear ya!!

who is getting them and what are your thoughts and questions??

lets get the ball rolling!!

Nick Hilton

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

218 commentaires

To me The sync buttons are a cheese and these decks are far to automated to appeal/sell to a wider audience the phase meter means that dropping on beat is easy( it isn't hard) and then there is the key, thats now done for you I suppose it might as well set the levels for the mix and quantised auto loops always on beat might as well choose the track structure to fit . I seriously believe this won't be better for djing as it wiil definitely be abused by wannabe's .The music in some of the sets today sounds too chopped up and breaks too much that it loses it's flow /soul  I noticed this at some festivals last year when I should have been listening to a solid set by a solid dj but got a technically good performance but none of the feeling from the music and that to me is a huge loss ,not to say every dj would play that way but was certainly a turn off for me .This is just my observation on the whole matter and you could say that each evolution of the cdj has made it easier to dj and do tricks  but for me as long as the kit I already have is supported then I have no need for the nexus range sync buttons phase meters or whatever, how ever I will miss the slip mode that is cool ,Peace !

D Mark Mills 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Ok, I'm really fed up of this right now.

THE SYNC BUTTON WILL NOT SUDDENLY MAKE A BARTENDER A GOOD DJ.

THE SYNC BUTTON WILL NOT SUDDENLY GIVE YOU THE FANTASTIC ABILITY TO MIX. There's more to it than just matching beats.

Just like the BPM readout, the function is there if you want it. If you don't need it, don't use it.

Show some respect to each other here. I'm tired of the childish arguments -  worry about yourself and how you can improve as a DJ.

/end of sync discussion.

Gavin 0 votes

Can we not just get back to the product discussion??

I want to know how much IPad integration will be on the nexus

Things like the sd card input are surely more important than the sync button - its on the unit - nothing we can do about it . Just have to live with it.

DJccccc 0 votes

Now SDXC support lol that's another matter!

DJccccc 0 votes

@Si Boogie > There are a lot of features in this CDJ that can't be found on a controller or anything else on the market right now. If you wish to keep using CDs then this probably isn't worth the upgrade for you. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you - I'm delivering the facts as honestly as I see them.

@Wolfe > They should be in the online stores for pre-order now - availability is expected at the end of September. You're better off to contact your own store in relation to price.

@Fuse Promote > As you've probably learnt by now, rekordbox doesn't use Camelot notation. This is licensed by MiK.

@ekwipt > But you guys also have a minimum wage of, what, like $16AUD per hour? So its all relative.

@Louie V > I hope to have more information about the stand after I attend BPM early next month. I currently have no information to hand about Traktor updates.

@6Sixx > At minimum, the players will have the same functionality with Traktor as the MK1. I don't know at this time what plans Traktor and Pioneer have for this unit. My guess would be, with all the new features, you might even be encouraged to drop Traktor.

Gavin 0 votes

Guys, no discussing price etc on here - this isn't Craigslist or eBay.

@Sammy > Please watch your language. Can you explain why you would go to the expense of buying a WiFi jammer and paying to get into a club for the sole purpose of screwing with the DJ just because you object to a feature? Why so much hate on Guetta? He's made a huge success of himself and he obviously enjoys what he is doing so big deal.

@Daywalker > The zoomed waveforms can help identify, in greater detail, the buildups and breakdowns - thats at least one reason!

@Foster > Great post from Gareth Emery - everyone here needs to read it.

@Xtreme > No, rekordbox App does exactly the same thing as rekordbox desktop version - you have the option of using one or the other. There is no configuration necessary with the router - its as simple as plug and play over an adhoc network.

@Nvasion > Waveforms will build instantly for a CD if you burn as CD-Audio (uncompressed format). You've a much faster processor in your computer than could be put into a CDJ (cost vs benefit) that better analyses the track 

@TheOne > Yes, I believe the current DeckSaver should fit the Nexus - I'll double check.

@Steven V > Thanks for the feedback.

@Tracebuzta > The nexus is exactly 0.1mm taller than the MK1.

@DubLN > Beat matching does become easy, a sort of 2nd nature to those that have been DJing a long time and rightly so - its one of the primary skills to learn. Please show some respect to other users.

@Andrew > I'm not 100% on your questions right now - I will be back to you soon.

@Sigius > If you haven't anything constructive to add and all you want to do is stir up trouble, then kindly keep your opinions to yourself.

@Bren > See my comments above regarding 'sync'.

@DJNR > Thanks for adding a bit of rational thinking to the debate - I couldn't agree more. 

@Thomas Robertshaw > Thanks for the comments

@Fox Smith > All the data that is compatible with the MK1 will be compatible with the Nexus too.

@dtm > Yes that is commonly how commerce works - there is a demand for something, a company makes that something to satisfy the demand. Whats your point?

@UrbanBeatFoundation > What issue are you having with the service centre? I can get in direct contact with the UK Sales Manager to resolve your issue… Just let me know.

Gavin 0 votes

Ok, now that I have answered all your questions, I'm closing this thread. To those of you who I have told I will find out more information in relation to features, I will follow up when I know.

Seriously, some of you just can't have a clean debate that doesn't resort to name calling and flinging insults or using offensive commentary. Its embarrassing.

Gavin 0 votes