Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

15 abonnés S’abonner

New Nexus update and the way Pioneer handled it is extremely disappointing

First off let me say that I have not been happy with the Nexus since the day I purchased it, I held on to them after sending video after video and guide after guide on producing the issues to Pioneer hoping that an update would be out quick to resolve them, Well, as you all know, the update is out and nothing for me is fixed. I easily within 10 minutes reproduced all the issues which render the deck useless. 

I DONT GET HOW PIONEER DOES BUSINESS AND FW ROLLOUTS!!! You guys KNOW i can easily re-produce these issue, You think 1 F'N engineer would have enough god damn common sense to say " Hey gavin, pulse, foster, shoot this fw to Brian (BriChi) quick and see if it fixes the issue", No, instead you guys embarrass yourselves once again, After even members of the forum said I SHOULD TEST IT FIRST, but yet you dont and now I still have non usable decks after 31 days of owning them.

I am returning these decks asap and if Guitar Center gives me a hard time after spending $250,000 in there within the last couple of years, I will flip the f out and go as high as I need to right to Pioneer if I have to being I bought decks that havent worked as advertised right out of the box.

The worst part is, this whole transaction, IF I re-buy the 2000mk1's will now cost me $400 after I sold my old decks and now have to buy them for more money then I sold them for, SO IT JUST COST ME $400 TO BETA TEST YOUR POS NEXUS DECKS, THANK YOU PIONEER!!!!

I am doing a lot of research today and tomorrow while stuck indoors during a hurricane looking for other options, Especially since the update that cam out this morning that was "SUPPOSED" to fix the freezing, only consisted of bs including you guys changing some icon light on the key menu thing, Are you for real? People, including your own dj's at your own shows have decks freezing on them, yet you add stupid features like this and and fix some bug about slip mode no one complains about? You guys are unreal and the buzz going around the dj community between this and the joke of an update to RB is really damaging your reputation.

If you want decks trouble free and working like a professional $2400 deck should, then get a beta team together and tell your engineers to stop being so damn cocky thinking they are perfect and dont need testers, OBVIOUSLY THEY DO!!!! Or fire them and start over because anything you guys are producing right now is buggy as shit and the engineers are not using them in real life situations, what amazes me too is when I owned some denon gear years ago, they came out with buggy decks yes, but the engineers added me to their list of testers, not under any agreement so i cant get in trouble saying this, and they pumped out beta after beta to me, 1-2 per week if not more and got the issues resolved immediately, you guys should learn from a company that sells their gear at 1/4 of the price

Keep up the good work!!

BriChi

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

42 commentaires

@Steven V "I hear that man. But I know pioneer is going to fix that issue soon. I wonder who are the engineer tech who fix these issue?"

T-Top 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Unsurprisingly I'm having the same issues. I'm not planning on returning mine, but I feel your pain. Worst thing about the hot cue freezing is that I use hot cues quite extensively to time my mixes and drops, and it always seems to be just as I'm about to hit my drop cue and I've almost entirely filtered out the other track that it freezes. Way to keep the energy going. The 2000NXS aren't ready to be used in a club environment and that's their whole purpose. I expect more from Pioneer.

fullenglishpint 0 votes

Strange there's been no comment from anybody. Must be hiding.

Maybe time to look elsewhere guys Decks at half the price and outperform these are out there you just have to look. 3900.

Hope your issues get addressed. Good luck.

Scott Frost 0 votes

After all this I went and got a dirt bike instead of new decks. My 900s seem to work fine 99.9% of time. It's a real shame cause I really wanted to upgrade.

Morgo 0 votes

I`m about to update my fimware.. Should I do it or stay withe origingal. would the new one make things worst?

JuanCarlos Sanchez 0 votes

I used the 1.04 firmware tonight - Was ok, but still had  same faults !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJccccc 0 votes

I did not experience any difference with the new firmware except for the color of the key system.. all the major problems that matter are still there! 

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

sorry for all you guys who sold the mk1s  for these new ones  im glad i got the mk1s  and  not the nexus ,,, 

Benjamin Castro 0 votes

Hey, guys from Pioneer! Where r u? Tell us somethin'! My pair of NXS is on the way. I feel angry 'bout this situation with FW! Help us! ASAP!!!

Alex Tyugaev 0 votes

i bought three nexus players previous week and did not have a very long time playing on them but had some serious problems.

The new rekordbox program version 2.01 is crashing a lot and it was so horrible that I tried the make my music collection smaller (now the size is about 4000 tracks)

After a few years of trouble wit the cdj 2000s and 900s and rekordbox it was finally looking good after so many updates.. but now with the new nexus players and my djm-2000 i feel like the whole thing is coming around again..

I am really not happy with rekordbox being unstable and I had it crashing in the middle of a big gig (i use windows 7 64 bit, intel i5 cpu, 4gb ram)

never had the issue before so i re-installed windows and made sure I checked all my music files where clean but still rekordbox is crashing from time to time when loading tracks onto the decks.

my nexus players also jump around the track like crazy when I use the hotcues sometimes and the auto hotcue calling does not work or it is very buggy because it gave me a lot of headaches and troubles.

I also had two of my players crashing while reading a rekordbox exported usb flash drive. it was working fine on 2000s or 900s but just stopped reading the damn thing. one time the emergency loop kicked in but another time i just had a big silence! and i was forced to reboot my cdj =[

I am now running another laptop just for rekordbox so the crashes will not make me lose my files or something.

the sync function is also very worse and i can hear a phasing easily, the 1.04 firmware seems to make a little difference but still it is not good enough.

Then the hardware side of the new nexus players.. guys who owned the 2000smk1.. set the platter tension to maximum and the jogwheel is still as light as f*ck! this was not the case with the mk1s

I called pioneer and they said they could fix it but it would cost me money =/ really not liking the whole situation around these new cdj-2000nexus players and the evergoing wait for a new djm-2000 firmware update or perfectly stable rekordbox version..

it does not matter if you are a hobbyist or professional. these decks and products are targeted at the pro segment so they should work like that!A

Pioneers first priority should be getting these decks running as bugfree as possible but in this moment in time I lost faith in them.. I have been patiently waiting for years now.. first with the mk1s and most things where sorted eventually but it took them ages! i also saw the djm threads and we all have valid points here.. they need to act.. NOW 

Daniel Manzane 0 votes

Pioneer acknowledges that not all known issues were able to be addressed with this firmware update and subsequent updates will be released to correct and improve the functions of the player(s).  Your patience is appreciated during this time.  To expedite the process, providing detailed information on the specific problems you are having will assist the engineers in solving any outstanding issues they have not yet discovered or managed to replicate.

Keep in mind that posting a problem here doesn't necessarily mean that the engineers can fix it in a matter of days - it takes some time for the engineers to discover the source of the issue, determine the fix, create a fix, test it, ensure nothing eles becomes broken, test it again, then issue it for the public.

Pioneer has identified and addressed some of the issues raised (many by BriChi) and they will be patched in the next firmware update (with a release date TBA), but again, it will take a bit of time to release.  I understand your frustration and Pioneer is aware of the difficulties you have encountered and apologize for the inconveniences caused.  Your patience is appreciated during this period of improvement.

Pulse 0 votes