Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

19 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ-2000 MK1 Loops

Another one for your engineers, since the update of either Rekordbox 2.0.1 or the firmware 4.20 loops are now unusable, keep going out on tracks that used to stay in!!

The only thing that has changed on my once 'working ok' setup is pioneer updated firmware or software....I wish I never updated either!!!!!

Please get this sorted!!

Gary Mac

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

147 commentaires

@ paulie > I am using the latest version with the beautifull new red pins (lol) to help noobs counting beats....

btw I dont use the software to spin but only to analize the tracks and send them to a external SSD and HD (the second one stands as a back up source)

@ Ryan > If we all act like you who would be the ones to tell if things are going right or wrong? Being selfish is not the point here... We are all trying to expose the problems to Pioneer crew. They should be decent enough to at least allow us to rollback the firmware to a previous working one. I am sure that MUST NOT be a problem at all for the engeneers. If they dont want a open downgrade version just make it somehow it can be only downgraded from 4.2 version. Noise would stop and everybody would wait patiently to a new working firmware and more.... nobody would be affraid of trying the new version like you are. And hey... I dont blame you! Pioneer is pushing customers to having that behaviour and soon nobody will want to try a new firmware untill lots of other customers say: ok its fine!

It's really a not professional standing to put pro end customers in such position and not able to take one step back until they fix THEIR OWN mistake.

Stroboscope 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

just complementing.... who will be the lab rats to keep trying things on the edge of the abism like it has been??? If everybody refuses to upgrade and wait who will say: "ok its fine" or "its another trap"?

Stroboscope 0 votes

That's a big problem. In future cdj2000 users will wait with updating.

Every day I get angry more, we will not wait forever for a solution !

steve 0 votes

Actually, @RyanTV has a point here and I have to agree with him 100% for sure. Stability, is first choice. I don't trust Pioneer any more.

Dream Treez 0 votes

Good to see the pioneer representatives coming back to us ;)

Gary Mac 0 votes

Maybe Pioneer doesn't let you roll back firmware to make their job easier.

If we are all on the same firmware then it's one less thing for them to worry about if you have a problem.

They really need to start testing the firmware properly before releasing it to us unfortunate guinea pigs.

Leee 0 votes

This has been documented and reported to the engineers. I'll get back to this thread when I've more time tomorrow.

Gavin 0 votes

Leee, 

If the last released version has a big problem I think its even worse for them to stand over it forever... And maybe letting professional users keep using a stable firmware version (and simply saying: ok there was a problem with it and we are working on fixing...) would be the best and the most professional choice.

But now we have a word from Gavin. Let's wait...

Stroboscope 0 votes

I have the same issue, since I updated Rekordbox & the firmware for my CDJ2000, all the loops i do keep drifting out of time. The same problem happens with tracks which aren't looped, they keep drifting out of time. I never had this problem before I updated!

You would think you have some sort of testing process before you release updates!

Nathan Clark 0 votes

Stroboscope

Yes I totally agree. Some people need these decks to work as they make a living from them. If the Firmware is released and broke then users should have the option to roll back to a stable one.

I honestly believe though, Pioneer are taking the easy option by not letting us do this.

After all the dodgy firmware they have released lately maybe now is the time to let us users roll back.

Leee 0 votes

@Leee: or to get our money back!!!

Nicolas Schmitz 0 votes

Thats why I said it would be more prudent and professional if Pioneer releases a rollback firmware. Anybody complaining right now about malfuncion because a defective intervention from the cdjs manufacturer could have their money back for sure. I just can't understand all the silence and why not letting people go one step back untill next one is solid and trustfull.

I really think they should be more worried about all these problems... and they should make a stand soon... Pioneer name as a top gear for djs is under judgment. But all we see is what we had since the denial of master tempo stuff long time ago... Maybe this will take a ***** long time and its not something I am up for again...

Somebody here in the forum said he could wait forever (as a home dj)... well I (and many others I am sure of it) can't!!!!!!

Stroboscope 0 votes

Hi to all, no issues for me, but i'm not using quantize.

Anastasio 0 votes

yeah i am having this problem too. It seems as though its happening with loops make in rekordbox as welll?

Dj Daywalker 0 votes

I think pioneer is not happy about this... a friend of me (programmer) looks closer at the firmware, maybe he finds a way back to fw version 4.10.

I'm one of these who can't wait for weeks ? months ?

I hope pioneer is a step faster than my friend...

steve 0 votes

playing with 3x 2000s on my last show was quite adventurous with some loops playing

EpikureeR 0 votes

I had the opportunity to speak with the product team today and I explained the following:

"The reports from our forums indicate that 4.10 firmware had been working well with no reports of drifting loops. However, since the Nexus came out, and the subsequent 4.20 firmware, users have noticed that loops are beginning to drift once again" - exact words.

Gavin 0 votes

@Gary > I couldn't give you an answer at this time. I've raised the issue so I await feedback on what will happen next.

Gavin 0 votes

as always... lets pray...

Btw.. new product is out (again)! DJM2000 Nexus. ;)

Stroboscope 0 votes

The next firmware update seems to address only Nexus issues, could you please confirm that the MK1 loops issue is also going to be fixed on the 3rd of december? 

Nicolas Schmitz 0 votes

I hope a update for cdj2000 mk1 are aviable soon. There are much more ppl playing with.

steve 0 votes

@steve: yes but all these people have already paid and the product is discontinued so they are not relevant to Pioneer whereas some others may still hesitate before buying the nexus so they have to do something about it...

Nicolas Schmitz 0 votes

@gavin"The reports from our forums indicate that 4.10 firmware had been working well with no reports of drifting loops. However, since the Nexus came out, and the subsequent 4.20 firmware, users have noticed that loops are beginning to drift once again" - exact words.

So let us get back to 4.10 or fix a update, but now, and not 4 or 5 weeks later! We need this!

michel 0 votes

Some of us are actually making money with playing music. For this we need good machines, like a engineer needs a good computer. We pay a lot for the Pioneer machines because this should be the state of the art Dj gear.  

Pioneer advertised with a lot of features like perfect looping and very stable player etc etc etc.

But probably Pioneer can't meet with their promises. look at the cdj2000 mk1, there are still so many bugs on this for so many years now. 

Why not solving this first, and help out the Pioneer users! 

I know there are a lot of Pioneer users out there that are with Pioneer from day 1. I  know I purchased my cdj 500's years ago and never left Pioneer, every year purchasing new gear. But this is giving me serious doubts.

So whats the next step guys?

michel 0 votes

Guys, I know I shouldn't say this and that this post will be deleted, but if you wanna roll back your firmware read first "service manual" of cdj2000. You will find there is a way to restore factory settings in your cdj2000. Then you can use any firmware you like to update your players. I haven't done it, but it should work since it's in the manual. Read it carefully cause you could also damage your players.

Dream Treez 0 votes

Hey Dream Treez, I've just tried that but the factory reset that is mentioned in this manual doesn't reset the firmware but only the settings that you access by 'Utility'. Unless I missed something when I've restarted the decks they were still on 4.20

Nicolas Schmitz 0 votes

it's possible, just did it, went from 4.20 to 4.11.

I am however going back to 4.20 being that I used the decks for 8 hours yesterday on 2 parties and had no issues

BriChi 0 votes

Hey Brichi, did you just do the factory reset in section 6.3? Can you pls give us the procedure quickly? Many thanks! You're my sunshine today!

Nicolas Schmitz 0 votes

cant give you step by step cause we will get in trouble, lol

look at pg57  "Recovery when failing ", #3 

BriChi 0 votes