Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

XDJ-Aero with Technics 1210 & Traktor Scratch Pro Advice

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some advice regards using the 1210 with timecoded vinyl and Traktor and the xdj Aero.

My friend unfortunately had his A6 device stolen a few months ago along with his timecoded vinyl. He gave me his copy of Traktor Scratch 2.  My setup is an XDJ-Aero and 1 x Technics SL 1210 Mk5 with Traktor Scratch 2 installed on my laptop. I have managed to use the controller mapping and get Traktor controlled via my XDJ-Aero which was great. I would now like to make use of my turntable  to do some scratching. What are my options ? I could get a timecoded vinyl off eBay for about £15 but is this all I would need for it to work within Traktor Scratch ? Or do I need to go the whole hog and buy The package which includes the A6 interface/sound card ?.Quite a difference in price.

I'm hoping that the XDJ-Aero is kind of the alternative to needing the A6 device and all I need is the time coded vinyl.

Anyway I hope some of you more knowledgeable guys on here can give me the definitive answer.

Thanks in advance

Chris (cwiggy78)

Christopher MacSwan-Wiggins

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

I think you will need an interface for the timecode records be transfered to a signal that Traktor can read. I think that if you had DJM900 mixer you don't need any extra devices.

Kubitsky 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Yes, you would need an audio card with in and outs.  At minimum an audio 4 would be required. Each turntable connects to the in port on the audio card (the white and red RCA ports) That signal is read by traktor and is then converted inside of traktor (not the audio card) then you send the converted sound out of the out port to an audio mixer, or in this case the Aero (so long as it has some spare audio ins on the aero) then you do the same for both decks - hope that helps.

Traktor Instruction 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien