Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

[SOLVED] Can a xdj r1 prepared usb device be used on every rekordbox ready player?

Hello everyone,

I'm considering buying the xdj r1 when it comes out, but i have 1 question. Apparently you have to make a special library for the xdj r1, does this mean the flash drives i use to play on cdj 2000's in a club won't work with the r1? Or do i just have to export all my playlists again to my flashdrives with the xdj r1 library feature enabled and if I do will my flashdrives work with for example a cdj 2000(nexus)? 

The reason i ask is because I am a clubbing dj so i play a lot on cdj 2000's when having gigs but I also do a lot of private parties with my own equipment (currently ddj sx) but I am getting tired of preparing 2 libraries (1 in serato dj and one in rekordbox). I also have a Rane SL3 but I don't want to be depending on my laptop. 

So basically if the xdj r1 needs special prepared flashdrives/hdd's which won't work with other rekordbox ready players my problem won't really be solved. Yes I only have to prepare 1 library but I have to keep the playlists updated on 2 different devices then. That is still a pain in the ass for me.

I hope anyone here can give me an answer on my question.

Thanks in advance!

Tjalling de Vries

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

7 commentaires

depends on what you need, if you have a library of under 10,000 tracks, then exporting to usb for the 2000 or R1 is the same. If you have over 10,000 tracks, then they all wont be read on the R1 due to its limit

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

So if i keep my harddisk under the 10,000 file limit, i can just export it normally? Why did the update for rekordbox come then? Or should I export it with this special r1 library and it will work fine on 2000's too?

Tjalling de Vries 0 votes

from what i see the update was mainly to resize album art based on the player, everything else is the same. plus the cdj and R1 are together as one in the drop down 

BriChi 0 votes

Yes but im not thinking about buying the aero, im talking about the XDJ R1 and I read this on the rekordbox site : "For some DJ players (e.g. MEP-4000, XDJ-R1) it is necessary not only to transfer the music files to the USB device, but also to create a special library"

This is my main question

Tjalling de Vries 0 votes

I own the 2000's, I am going to export some tracks with the setting set to R1 and see if the 2000's read it, Give me 10 minutes and ill report back

tested and works fine either way, R1 or CDJ setting on export is read by the 2000's, I am pretty sure that setting is strictly based on just resizing the album artwork based on the players to cut down on errors

BriChi 0 votes