Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

[CLOSED] auto loop issue with xdj-r1

There seems to be some pitch bending going on when a loop starts over when using auto loop, I'm using tracks analyzed in rekordbox with the same BPM and the loop that I set sounds like its drifting when it starts over so to double check I set a loop of the same size on both decks and played them simultaneously, no problem there but when I change the loop size on one of the decks, I hear the pitch drift so to triple check I picked one track and loaded it on both decks, set a 32 beat loop on both decks then hit play simultaneously and both decks were in sync even though I didn't enable sync for about a minute then I changed the loop size on one of the decks then it was out of sync so I enabled sync which didn't correct the issue, so I matched the loop size on both decks and did manual pitch bend and everything was fine unless I change the loop size again, did this entire process several times to see if it was my fault but it keeps happening over and over, coming from Traktor I have never had issues with auto loop or any looping even though I don't beatgrid my tracks, also when I played that same track on both decks simultaneously there was some phasing/filter effect being applied to the track even though I was not using any of the effects,is this normal behavior for this unit or other similar units, am I doing something wrong, any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

BTD10

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

17 commentaires

@Gavin>Agiprodj, did some additional testing today regarding this issue, still getting that phasing/filter effect when playing one track on both decks, I noticed that when a loop starts over there is an additional beat/half beat added to the loop at the beginning which is what I think is causing the loop to be out of sync after it restarts a second time and subsequently after that, so I used the 4 beat sampler to capture that same part of the track that I was looping and ran it by itself repeatedly for about a minute non-stop while having another track playing with the same BPM and the sample was IN SYNC the whole time, this is probably correctable by firmware update(I have the current firmware 1.04 installed and also ran the testing with quantize mode on and off with the same result on rekordbox-analyzed files), really like this unit(my first Pioneer buy since I bought my CDJ-100's eons ago), hopefully this gets resolved sooner than later, did some reading on the forum archives and found that this issue has been lingering with other CDJ's and CDJ-type devices, thanks for the quick response.

BTD10 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Gavin>Sorry, not filter effect but phasing/flanger effect.

BTD10 0 votes

@Gavin>I think I narrowed it down some more, it sounds like when the first loop is about end the restart of the same loop is premature(about a 1/2 second before the first loop ends), also I keep getting that phasing/flanging effect when I play a single track on both decks be it a sample of that track or the entire track, I'm using 2 12" powered speakers and Shure IEM's for my listening tests, also if you can pass it along to the engineers moving led's on the platters would be nice during playback and record to usb on the remotebox app or the hardware itself, hope to hear from you soon, thanks.

BTD10 0 votes

@Gavin>I was able to demo a unit with firmware 1.03 installed(factory) at a local retailer and did not have the auto loop issues I was having with my unit(firmware 1.04), hope this helps.

BTD10 0 votes

I've mentioned this a number of times but similar experience with auto loops drifting one the cdj2000nxs. Perhaps it's a RB issue since active loops are set in the software and not on the players??

Fox 0 votes

@Fox>I set loops using the auto loop knob on the unit, I think its the software algorithm they use on the players and not RB, should be fixable via firmware update but it seems that when a new one is released it fixes some issues and    adds bugs at the same time, it comes down to quality control which should be pretty tight considering pioneer makes the hardware and software that runs within the units (ie Apple), unless I`m wrong on that.

BTD10 0 votes

I am having all the same issues BTD10 and I also bought my unit from Agiprodj

If we have defective units then I want an exchange...

jobushwick 0 votes

@jobushwick > Talked to them today, they said it's a firmware issue(not their fault) and that Pioneer is aware of it and supposedly working on a fix, I asked for an exchange but they said I would have to pay for shipping both ways($72 total for my location), I told them forget it no more purchases from me, they also said that they have sold a lot of units already, did you update your firmware to 1.04?, if not stay with 1.03 until a new one is released and thoroughly tested.  It comes down to quality control, does Pioneer even beta test their hardware/software like other companies do?, dunno if they did a lot of these issues not just in this instance but across the Pioneer DJ line would be fixed before official release(engineers must be doing the beta testing instead of actual working DJ's).

BTD10 0 votes

Should of stayed with 1.03! I wish I could reset it. Maybe worth exchanging for that reason only? No one else is popping up on the forums with these issues which makes me nervous my unit is defective?

jobushwick 0 votes

@jobushwick > Pioneer will never allow firmware downgrades, as for the auto loop issue, it's software-dependent imo not hardware, maybe were the only ones using loops extensively when we mix lol, they do target the mobile DJ market with this unit which I'm a part of but I also spin electronic music.

BTD10 0 votes

I run a lot loops and cue points. I wanted this unit for practice when I have to gig on cdj 2000

jobushwick 0 votes

@BTD10 > The engineer has responded to me with two questions:

1. The detailed procedures to reproduce this issue. 
    If possible, we would like to have a video taken when the issue occurred. 
  2. If possible, please send the problematic track file and database.
Gavin 0 votes

@Gavin > This seems to be the standard pre-written response from your so called "engineers", and why video, this is an auditory issue not a visual one plus I just push the auto loop button then the problem occurs, there is no detailed procedure involved when pushing a button, as for the "problematic track file and database" all the tracks I tested had the same issue. This unit is basically two cdj-350's with a djm-250/350 sandwiched in between, pioneer has been making cdj's for more than a decade, you guys should have the hardware down to a science, so the argument that this is somehow hardware related does not hold water unless the parts being used are crappy and underpowered, it's the software that runs these machines not the other way around, I'm a system builder and I know that if you use quality parts it will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I also know that software gets more complicated and advanced as time goes by that's why there is beta testing to work out the kinks and in this case it was clearly not done. Fully baked hardware with half baked software is the lesson here.

BTD10 0 votes

@BTD10 > As I'm sure you'll understand, the engineers aren't native english speakers so they have requested, if possible, for you to post a video of the problem which can help them understand the issue better and be able to provide you with greater assistance.

The files which cause issues, as well as the database, may help identify why such problems occur - the issues may not be necessarily due to the files themselves.

Gavin 0 votes

New firmware on the way ASAP fixing many reported issues.

Gavin 0 votes