Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

[Solved] Multiple external libraries possible?

I'd like to work with two different master databases, both moved to external hard drives. I do NOT want to merge/collaborate the libraries.

My first (existing) library has 10K tracks, is well-kept and has lots of cue points, hot loops etc. - I use it for usb EXPORT mode ONLY.

My other (planned) library has 80K tracks and is supposed to be used with Rekordbox DJ on DDJ-RX ONLY. It's my former database I used to have in Traktor. I'd love to switch to Rekordbox DJ now for events where I need a laptop and/or bigger collection.

How can I solve this task? Is it possible to work with multiple master databases (not simultaneously, but alternatively)? How will I set up my new (bigger) database without killing the old one? How will I switch between databases within Rekordbox? (if renaming database-files should be the only option: which file should be renamed?)

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Skandor

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

You can do it by using [Database management].
This function enables you to move library database to an external HDD and also enables you to switch library.

1. Before doing the task, I recommend you to [Backup library] in [File] menu for safety.

2. Move first library database to your first external HDD

• Connect your first external HDD to your PC/Mac
    • Run rekordbox and open [Preference] > [Database] > [Advanced] > [Database] tab.
    • Click [Move Database] button on Database management.
    • Select the first external HDD and click [OK]
    • Wait for moving process. This takes for long time. For me, 1 minutes for 100 tracks.
    • After the process, click [OK] and now your first library database is in your first HDD
  3. Create second library from scratch

• Close rekordbox.
    • Detach your first external HDD from your PC/Mac.
    • Run rekordbox and [Cannot find Master Database...] is displayed, click [Yes] to create second library.
  4. Switch library database

• Close rekordbox.
    • Connect the first HDD
    • Run rekordbox and open [Preference] > [Database] > [Advanced] > [Database] tab.
    • Select your first HDD to use first library, or default HDD to use second library.
Aso 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

More detail about [Database management]:
This feature allows you to locate the master database at an external drive in which all the tracks of Collection are stored and to keep managing the same master database even if you change the computer to connect the external drive to.
You easily can manage one single set of library including Collection and playlists among multiple computers.
Moving the master database
Click the [Advanced] tab in the Preferences, and first click the [Move Database] at the [Database management] section.
When a dialog appears, select the drive to which you want to move the master database.
Specifying the location of the master database
When using the master database on an external drive, check the drive# on which the master database resides. Click the [Advanced] tab in the Preferences, and check the drive at the [Database management] section. If needed, select the proper drive# directly from the dropdown menu at the [Database management] section.
This procedure is very important every time when you work on another computer with the external drive and/or when you connect it to a different USB port because the drive name (drive letter) of the master database could be different from the drive# previously set.

Aso 1 vote

Great step-by-step advice. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Jeffrey Tovar 0 votes