Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Djm-S9 Smell

I have had my s9 since 11/04/15. When I first opened the box I noticed a strong odor of electronics that had experienced heat. I have never owned a Pioneer mixer before, and thought that maybe it was a Pioneer thing, even through I know that the electronics smell is not present on most new items. The mixer worked fine, but the smell did concern me. I spoke with one of my friends that purchased an S9 also, and he said that he didn't have any strange smells. I thought maybe his nose wasn't sensitive to that smell, so I made a trip to his house. Sure enough, no smell on his mixer. Anyone else on here experience the burning electronics smell on their new S9. With this and the water paints that they used on the mixer, I will be taking it back today.

JamesA

Commentaire officiel

For anyone experiencing an issue with the faceplate paint shipping, you are directed to contact Pioneer technical support in your area. The service teams have received information on this issue and will be handling replacement for you.

Regarding the smell, it's just flux residue left over from the soldering process, it becomes more apparent as the internal temperature rises. It is harmless and will dissipate over time.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

16 commentaires

Oh dear I see these Pioneer forums are useless, was gonna post a question myself about something different until I saw yours hadnt been answered in 9 days! You got your S9 early eh. Well I've got the gold version and have had it a few days I too have the heated circuit smell when its running but historically I've always found Pioneer mixers to run hot so Im not worried yet. I'll def keep an eye on it though

Jed 104 0 votes

Sorry guys, currently I'm the main guy here answering questions and there are simply more than I can keep up with, so I apologize for not getting to this post sooner.

The smell is nothing to be worried about - unless you smell BURNING. Most electronics emit some odour when first fired up for a long period, it's perfectly normal and harmless.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi all,

Engineers are looking after the issue now.
Thank you very much for your patience until their investigation is completed.

Best regards,
CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

I noticed the electronics heated smell for the past 3 times ive used the S9. Mixer worked fine all 3 times but my buddy noticed it coming from the area of the back of the mixer and seemed to get stronger the louder the music?

DJ Snow 0 votes

Hello JamesA,

Sorry for this late reply to you. Due to some misunderstanding among us, our Quality team was looking for another customer who has the same issue and they thought it was you. 

Our service staff would like to contact you directly to see the issue.

Which country do you live?

The service staff in your country will contact you once you reply here.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

Hi Keiko(crm), 

Thanks for responding.  I'm in the USA.  Pulse, why was my account suspended for so long?  For asking for help on a product that I just purchased?  Nice show of power Pulse, just realize that as a consumer, I have choices, and my money spends everywhere.  

JamesA 0 votes

Thanks, JamesA.

I saw in another thread that you already replaced your unit with a new one.

Where did you replace your unit? 

Because we would like to collect the problematic unit from the store, we would like to know the location.

Thank you very much for your help.

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

CRM, 

Please contact me via email [Snip] and I will give you the info.  

JamesA 0 votes

My email is [Snip] and I need assistance as well pertaining to the smell.

DJ Snow 0 votes

Dj Snow, 

I can't help you dude.  I'm not Pioneer.  

@Keiko,  My new unit is starting to develop smells as well.  These smells should dissipate with time, not get worse.  

JamesA 0 votes

Hi CRM, 

Any update on this?  My new unit is starting to smell.  Also, any update on the fading/chipping paint in the area of the crossfader.  My new unit is starting to do that as well.  

JamesA 0 votes

Hi JamesA,

Please see the email from us.

Thanks,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

I too have this smell and chipping paint I am starting to wonder about the wisdom of my purchase

Phat Dan 0 votes