Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox automatically deleted my musics from my pendrive, because the musics weren't on my computer

Rekordbox automatically deleted my musics from my pendrive, because the musics weren't on my computer. It was my intent to copy them from pendrive1 to pendrive2, because i don't have that music on any other place :( Now all the playlists on pendrive 1 are empty.

Probably in the past I turned on syncing on that pendrive, but It immediately deleted my music as soon as I connected it to my computer.

Is there any option to undo this? Or how can I switch off automatic syncing/deleting before connecting pendrives to my computer?

Fabio Mandity

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

I've had the SAME bulls***t going on last night ! i got my pair of xdj 1000s yesterday and spent HOURS and hours setting up my cue points in the tracks, i even named and colored them ALL - everything was good, both players were fine but in the meanwhile i messed something up in rekordbox (they are my first set pioneer players, so im not used to rekordbox) which was the reason for me to reinstall the whole thing ... FAIL! the library was (of course) gone and when i tried to copy the leftover tracks from the stick to my computer, it was immediately showin me that its curently deleting my tracks from the thumbdrive... one after another...

after realizing and clicking the "cancel" button it stopped but after that unfortune surprise i only had about 25 tracks left on my stick (previously about 500 or so) - so i will again have to sit down for hours setting up the cue points, name and color them and exporting them to the drive...

my question now is: why does rekordbox think it has to delete those f***ing tracks in front of my eyes, brutaly and regardless of the consequences ?

Manuel Sajed 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Manuel Sajed> Yes, and if it wants to delete 50 folders/playlists, you can't cancel them all. You have to press cancel button 50 times, and it will delete at least 2-3 files from every folder, because you can't click that fast 50 cancel buttons.

Fabio Mandity 0 votes

@Fabio > Unfortunately this sounds like a misunderstanding of how rekordbox works and the best way of achieving what you were trying to accomplish.

If you were simply wanting to copy one USB drive to another, I would not have used rekordbox to do so. Further to that, if the USB drive you connected to your computer was created with another rekordbox library, it would not synchronize (import) the contents. Think of it like how iTunes would wipe an iPhone if you connect it to a computer (iTunes library) it doesn't normally synchronize with; it will ask if you want to wipe the drive. In this case, it exported whatever you were trying to sync to the drive, and in the process, removed any existing content.

There shouldn't be any "automatic" synchronization occurring.

@Manuel > If you have refrained from opening / closing rekordbox more than 3 times, you may be able to recover the contents of the database. If that's the case, please let me know and I can walk you through recovery.

Pulse 0 votes

As a professional in the field of User Experience and Interface Design, I must remark that this is incorrectly designed functionality in Rekordbox. Although I understand the iTunes' (incorrect) library management & device synchronization method, the functionality of synching your library must be viewed from a real-life DJ's perspective:

A true DJ carries their life with them on that thumb drive. Invests hours and hours into getting their tracks dialed in just right. Tagged, cued, keyed, sorted. They plug it in to their new laptop to sync up their new tunes they just bought on their new laptop, Rekordbox prompts them with vague, arcane messaging about "Your synchronization settings being deleted," with NO mention at all about your "playlists," "library," or "music," and no way to get your tunes on your drive before your next gig tomorrow without wiping your entire collection.

You should honestly be able to store the files directly on the thumb drive, and have rekordbox overlay its playlist references to any directory structure you want. Drag a new folder on to your drive, open rekordbox, drag them into a playlist, click synch, it creates the file-to-playlist association, done. NO need to wipe the entire drive.

Geoff Jensen 0 votes

@Geoff > I disagree... a rekordbox DJ knows that they sort and organize their music within the rekordbox application and export the contents to that USB drive. The issue raised by the OP of having the drive wiped was due to a poor choice in music management and trying to do something most DJs wouldn't do on a regular basis. Plus, this was posted 3 years ago, and since then, things have changed somewhat in the operation of handling external devices.

Pulse 0 votes

I understand that you disagree. But from a UX / software engineering AND professional DJ experience (who just wiped his library last night in the most modern updated version of Rekordbox's sync feature due to faulty messaging I described above and poorly designed software interface), your opinion is wrong, and its this attitude that leads to Pioneer making crappy software and cramming it down DJ's throats. 

Boo. Sometimes I wonder if Pioneer even has DJ's that work there.

Geoff Jensen 0 votes

Hello, i have the same issue ( auto delete music from my pendrive when they are not on the computer)

PLEASE pioneer, i see people everywhere reporting this and its really anoying, because it starts deleting and there is nothing you can do about it.

Why dont you solve this and stop aguing about something tahts unanimous, unclicking that box on the preferences that say " delete files " is useless.

I say again, please solve this because peaople are losing years of song organization

thx

kpap tavares 0 votes