Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

RMX 500 + DDJ SZ RECORDING SETUP

Does anyone knows how to set up recording for RMX 500 + DDJ SZ (using a serato dj software)??

im using Macbookpro unibody for Serato DJ software

Fari Setiadji

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

You can only set it to work with Master output or a channel, BUT it will give you a loud feedback sound if you route the output into the RMX and then back to a channel.  By using the master out to your amp or speakers, you can put it between those but then you can't cue the effect before firing it, it will go out live to your sound system.  I have tried 4 different ways with the RMX-1000 and all the same results.  Search Youtube for RMX with DDJ-SX and you can see and hear the results.

Jay 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Hi Jay...

my complete setup are:

rokit v8 with XLR

DDJ SZ

RMX 500

and behringer usb sound card with output an input rca (does it help. to avoid using another external mixer?)

tried to sets up the output on usb sound cardc to my rokit (using rca- Xlr converter) and input on usb sound card from output rmx 500 using rca.

but nothing happens

Fari Setiadji 0 votes

@Fari > As @Jay says, because none of the input channels allow PRE-fader routing (only POST-fader), if you looped the output from the SZ through the RMX, and back into one of the channels, it would create a feedback loop and pretty much ruin your day.

My recommendation is to route the audio back into the computer through another audio interface. Send the RMX-500 outputs to a soundcard input for recording into software. Your soundcard may not offer "live monitoring" to allow you to capture that incoming signal and send it to speakers, so you're really short on options if that's the case. One thing you may consider is splitting the RCA outputs from the RMX and send one to your speakers, the other to your soundcard for recording.

Pulse 0 votes