Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

8 abonnés S’abonner

DJM S9 Fader Issue

I feel like an idiot posting this, but is anyone else having problems with the S9 Fader?  I have it in normal (not hamster) mode and when pegged to the right, i am fully hearing the left channel.  Same thing the other way.  Its as if the fader isnt even there.  I had it working for awhile normally, but must've hit some unknown setting that turned off the cross fader.  can anyone think of any settings whether in SDJ or on the mixer itself/mixer software that I may have messed with that messed this thing all up???  Any help would be very much appreciated!

Daniel Butler

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

17 commentaires

No but I will try that tonight!  thank you for the response!

Daniel Butler 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

OK so just tried that and still my crossfader is completely irrelevant...move to the right or left and both channels come through loud and clear.  Switch the fader to reverse and still both channels come through when pinned left or right...at full volume as tho it were sitting square in the middle.  No matter what I do.  $1700 mixer with a crossfader that doesnt work at all???  C'mon...even my old Vestax PMC-05 Pro still works!!!

Daniel Butler 0 votes

Well looks like the only option is to send back it back to Pioneer or try the local repair shop here.  Only thing that even affects the crossfader is when I change the curve it gets louder on one end (right side only).  So strange and super frustrating.  Had 6 or 7 mixers over my illustrious bedroom DJ career and never had any issues with any of them.  Guess I was due but for $1700 figured I would be good for a few years.

Daniel Butler 0 votes

Have you updated the mixer to the latest firmware?

Alastair Powell 0 votes

It does sound to me like a firmware issue from the early version.

Pulse 0 votes

I was having the same issue one afternoon while playing in my office. I was also having weird cutouts when adjusting my channel faders. Long story short I restarted my laptop and everything worked fine afterwards.

My DJM firmware was up to date along with my drivers. I am running OS X Yosemite. I tried restarting the DJM a few times but I guess my laptop just needed to reset itself. I tend to only restart/shut it down once a month.

Kyle Douglas 0 votes

I appreciate the feedback.  I will try updating the firmware again for sure although I have been through that.  I dont think its a laptop issue b/c even as a stand alone unit I am having the exact same issue.  Luckily the repair shop here says they are familiar with the S9 and they believe they can fix it relatively quickly.  thank you all again!

Daniel Butler 0 votes

yeah the firmware was up to date, but i re-installed the update per the instructions just to see if that was in fact the issue, and still same issue.  So weird...its like the thing is disconnected inside but Im not gonna take it apart and then have Pioneer give me some nonsense about warranty being voided out if I do.  thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions!!!!  Very much appreciated!  Dan

Daniel Butler 0 votes

@Daniel > Okay, so I think I figured out what the problem is ... your bumpers and the lag setting.

You can either remove the bumpers (and keep the lag 0.3mm setting) or up the lag value until the audio is cut off when the crossfader is full-over.

Pulse 0 votes

Ha, ha, Pulse made my day. Telling to open the mixer and change bumpers here and saying that the warranty gets lost when you open the mixer in another thread at the same time.

Pioneer seems to be a funny company ;)

Grizu 0 votes

@Grizu > The warranty is not voided when opening the mixer, if you were to open other components (such as the faders), it would be.  Did you read the statement?

Pulse 0 votes

I found ways to clean and lubricate the faders without opening them ;)

Grizu 0 votes

Different brand, but this happened to a friend of mine with his Rane 62 & it was the cable that plugs in the cross fader came loose.  He took of the face plate & just plugged it back in.  I would think its that or the lag setting in the utility (as stated above). Takes 2 seconds to try a different lag setting.  If neither of these are the issue, then yeah looks like something is defective. But I seriously doubt thats the case.

Mister Vince 0 votes

Well guys I took it to the repair place and just got it back. They had to replace the crossfader completely.  There was also another part on it that they had to replace.  Some internal electrical switch or something.  Either way i got it back and gave her a nice workout today with great success so problem solved.  Very reassuring to know it wasn't my stupidity or imagination.  Never had a brand new anything be that defective straight out of the box like that. But hey.. All is well that ends well. Take care and thx to all for the input.  Dan

Daniel Butler 0 votes

@grizu how did you clean and lubricate the crossfader on the s9?? my fader is really dirty and feels sticky after a year of use

Krisp Kutz 0 votes

@grizu how did you clean and lubricate the crossfader on the s9?? my fader is really dirty and feels sticky after a year of use

Krisp Kutz 0 votes