Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

9 abonnés S’abonner

Any way to duplicate an existing Intelligent Playlist?

I use a lot of intelligent playlists to organize my music. For example:

I tag use the My Tags feature to tag all my tracks as Opening, Build Up, Peak Time, etc. I then use Intelligent Playlists which automatically update based on the tags I set. For example, if I tag a song as "Opening" it automatically shows up in the "Opening" playlist... so far so good.

What I want to do now is create additional Intelligent Playlists to divide "Opening" into several smaller playlists based on genre. For example: Opening House, Opening Techno, etc. Currently, I can achieve this by creating a new playlist, one by one. This takes a bit of time because for each Intelligent Playlist I create, I need to set it up to detect both the "Opening" tag and the genre.

What would be nice is if I could simply duplicate an existing Intelligent Playlist and then edit it after duplicating it by updating just the Genre field it detects.

Is this possible, either through a GUI function, or by editing a library XML by hand?

Raz Pulurian

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

After looking into it, I found a smartlist.xml file in the following location

~/library/pioneer/rekordbox

This seems to contain all of the intelligent playlists and their settings. I didn't find any GUI functions to duplicate an intelligent playlist, but would it be possible to somehow edit this file by hand to duplicate playlists?

Raz Pulurian 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Good idea. 

Also the facility to drag(move) trax from playlist to another playlist would be tremendous.

Smurf 0 votes

@Rpulurian > This is not currently a feature but I will pass this request along to our engineers.  

I don't recommend editing the XML file, but if you're going to do it anyway, do this.  Close rekordbox.  Make a copy of the existing file and change the filename to OLD.  Make edits to the other copy.  Open rekordbox and see if it works the way you wanted it to.  If not, close rekordbox, delete the edited file, change the OLD filename back to the original.  

DISCLAIMER:  DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!  I've never tried this.  Nor do I know what will happen if you do this.  Neither I nor Pioneer DJ take responsibility for the outcome of these actions.

@Smurf > You can already drag tracks from one playlist to another.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Just an FYI: This will be included in a future update (not sure which one, but it's on the list).

Thanks for your patience!

Pulse 0 votes

Was this ever added?  Would be a very useful feature, but i'm still not seeing it

Adam Walters 0 votes