Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

10 abonnés S’abonner

Pioneer DJM S9 Crossfader not working

Hello, Just got DJM S9 one week ago.  Used it 2 Times, 3rd one the crossfader stopped working....  

Its dead....  updated to the most recent firmware update...  also updated serato, used plain vinyl and crossfader is not working at all...

Please this is important, its been used in a show this friday!  

dreamland.rental@gmail.com

Dennis Lopez

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

26 commentaires

@Dennis > Sorry you're experiencing this issue.  Please visit your dealer and exchange the unit for a new one.  We will look into why this happened.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mark Gallo 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Dennis > Please provide us with your product serial number for reference.  Thank you.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@Dennis > Which country did you purchase your S9?

Mark Gallo 0 votes

This happened quite a bit on my unit as well. Usually I would have to restart the mixer for the crossfader to be picked up and begin working again.

JaeOne3345 0 votes

@Dennis > You can't reply to the emails you receive as notification of a new post; please click the link to visit the forum to post a reply.

Pulse 0 votes

Im having the same issue with my crossfader.. Im typing this as I spin my resident Friday in Hollywood. Its maddening

Crash 0 votes

Im looking at any forum to assist me in fixing this issue

Crash 0 votes

@Pioneer > I have the same problem with the fader. My Pioneer DJM S9 crossfader doesn't close endless I turn it off and on again. This is the first time I notice this and the mixer is only 2-3 weeks old. Bought it at www.thomann.de

Is this something Pioneer will be fixing or do we really have to get our mixer changed? And if that is the case. Won't the other mixer have the same problem?

Jason DjWhut Rivera 0 votes

One thing I noticed when I made my crossfader bumper replacement video was that you could have the LAG setting such that the bumper width was more than the lag value, so it would effectively mean the crossfader was assigned properly but by reaching the end of the travel on either side, the audio from the opposite side would not cut-off. I needed to either force the crossfader into the bumper harder or adjust the lag to a larger value in order for it to work.

Could everyone with this problem please let me know which bumper they're using and what the lag settings are? And once you've noted that, please try adjusting the lag value to see if that resolves your problem.

Pulse 0 votes

I've spoken with the engineers and it looks like it could be a crossfader calibration issue. I will be sending each of you a personal ticket with information on how to collect crossfader calibration data - check your email shortly!

Pulse 0 votes

This same issue happened to me last night, cross fader is completely dead.  I bought my mixer from a store in New York late April and live in Bermuda (no dealers here..)  Please tell me there is a easy way to fix....  

Russell 'Rusty G' Griffith 0 votes

@Russell > Is it "completely dead" or is the lag setting just too low? Have you adjusted it per my post above?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse - I have rebooted, reinstalled drivers, adjusted every setting and function in Serato but nothing fixes the issue.  The cross fader died in mid set with no physical damage or visual warning.  It now has no function at all on the mixer.  extremely disappointing, this is my first Pioneer mixer as I've used Rane products for 10 years without issues and it seems the only answer or solution with this mixer is to return it which is extremely inconvenient to me as an Overseas DJ.  What's to say the same thing won't happen with the replacement unit?  

@Russell > But did you check the LAG setting on the Settings Utility? If the value is lower than the distance of the bumper, you'll have a crossfader incapable of meeting the minimum cut-off distance and thus, an "ineffective fader."

Please try adjusting that value first before we consider this to be a hardware failure.

Pulse 0 votes

I have adjusted the value in settings utility as suggested with no effect, crossfader still does not work.  Feel free to email if you wish to get more details on the issue.  I can send screen shots and video if necessary

Could you post a video? That would be helpful! Thanks. :)

Pulse 0 votes

I also noticed the same problem, not so often, before updating the firmware that added rekorbox support I had never experienced this problem, just today i did it again and the crossfader no closure, even when the closure took place at the center of the crossfader.

Zazadj 0 votes

@Zazadj > As above, a video would be helpful to demonstrate to the engineers what the problem is.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse> In these two days has not happened yet, just do it again I make a video.

Zazadj 0 votes

Ok well it's 2018 and it's the same crap with this mixer. This is my second DJM S9 in two weeks. The first one the crossfader literally dove into the mixer when going from right to left until it scraps the front panel. The second one I got today ( updated firmware, checked lag settings) audio cuts out randomly with the crossfader. Lets just skip to the calibration instructions or data that you need because I have had it. This mixer is amazing ON PAPER but in reality it's starting to become more trouble then it's worth. I want to DJ not spend hours dealing with technical glitches that should have been ironed out 2yrs ago. Mixer made Nov 2017 fyi. 

DJ Ozah 0 votes

@Ozah > Considering the number of S9's out there and the few number of complaints, I'd disagree, but hey -- two faulty units is just bad karma or bad luck.

If you JUST got it and it has problems, please return it to your dealer as DOA.

Pulse 0 votes

This about sums up the state of customer support in 2018. So it's either my fault somehow that you guys can't get your quality control dept to do its job. Or "bad luck" With mass production and automated machinery it's not bad luck but bad programming,  human error, subpar materials or design. A professional response would be to get my serial number and date of manufacture to see if there is a high instance of returns or malfunctions during this time. So now its up to me to contact my vendor for a second RMA and to let them know Pioneer thinks I should just keep trying em out until I find one that works right. I am amazed legendary DJ's would back your products with this type of technical support/customer service. 

DJ Ozah 1 vote

@Ozah > I'm disappointed that you had two failures in a row, and I'm sorry that has been your experience with the S9 thus far. I'm telling you there are thousands of S9's out there and relatively few complaints, so I don't need to pursue a potential manufacturing issue, which is why I didn't ask.

Unfortunately here on the forums we're unable to tell you "Yeah, we'll send you a replacement," you do need to contact your retailer if you're within the exchange period, that is the procedure.

Pulse 0 votes

I had a similar problem with my S9:

Product name: DJM-S9
Serial number: QFMP010498CC
Purchase date: 11/8/2017
Registration date:
1/23/2018

I sent it in for warranty repairs. Just called the shop and they said they recalibrated the crossfader and did not find anything wrong with the XLR outs.

I echo the sentiment of others here. The unit malfunctioned on me during a gig and it was quite embarassing. I was able to work around with a reboot and switching to booth out for the mains, but this is unacceptable in a live performance setting.

DJ STACKTRACE 1 vote

@Stacktrace > Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your post. Are you suggesting there is still an issue with your XLR outputs? I tried looking through your post history, but they mostly seem to be "me too" comments all over the place. If you could please post a new topic and consolidate your issues to that one post I'd be happy to provide more direct assistance to resolve any remaining problems. Thanks.

Pulse 0 votes