Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DJM-S9 Serato stop responding to CV and the tracks even stop in Internal mode

Rooben Jimenez

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

20 commentaires

this weekend it happened twice where I was spinning and the vinyl started to warble as if there was a bad connection on a turntable to serato, after switching out the needle it continued to happen, then after switching to internal mode it happened again, it was only rectified after restarting the mixer, eventually it would happen again. 

Is this a pioneer issue or serato issue?

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

it could be a few things, tell us about your setup.

Scott Loveless 0 votes

Macbook Pro 2015 - 16 GB Ram - 2.5 Processor - 512 GB SSD - El Capitan 10.11.3

Pioneer DJM-S9 - 1.06 Firmware

Serato - 1.8.1

I forgot to mention that when using the Mic, the audio had this digital burn effect on the out put and it slowed the internal mode track that was playing to a crawl. I returned the unit in exchange for a new DJM-S9 at Guitar Center as I have had it for just over a month now and I purchased the extra GC warranty. 

Have there been any other reports of this behavior or a random clipping noise that I have observed on both the older now returned unit and the new one. 

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

Ok, are you running cdj or turntables?

Scott Loveless 0 votes

Apologies, turntables, technics 1200.

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

What are your  settings in serato/and driver settings

Scott Loveless 0 votes

default settings on the buffer size and default settings in the pioneer driver control panel 

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

What track(s) were you playing at the time this occurred? Can you reproduce the issue ?

Scott Loveless 0 votes

it happened on random tracks, the most peculiar part was when I was using the mic on the mic input on the mixer it triggered the event to occur which made me conclude that the mixer was the culprit. Since I have returned the unit and exchanged it for a new one I am not sure how we can continue to trouble shoot, but if you all have seen any similar behavior I would hope you would share it with the community. 

The new mixer is still emitting a clipping noise when a beat is playing or if I am scratching similar to the returned unit so I am a lil afraid of this behavior occurring when I am out spinning.  I recently switched to using a macbook pro from a windows 7 machine but between both computers the clipping sound would occur. Is there anything you all at pioneer are observing that would need to be disclosed to djs to be on the look out for?

thanks!

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

Seems like your OS isn't fully supported as of yet :-/

Can you reproduce the issue on win 7 machine ????

Scott Loveless 0 votes

Apologies but can you clarify on the OS comment? And the clipping occurs on the Windows 7 machine.

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

It would seem some people are still having issues with the latest osx

While scratching, you need to adjust the trim so you dont redline the mixer

Scott Loveless 0 votes

got it, so its not about being on El Capitan 10.11.3 specifically, its just about El Crapitan period? Is there a target date for an update in the Pioneer Driver or Firmware?

I gig three nights a week and need to ensure my equipment is solid. Is there a recommended fix?

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

Pioneer does not give dates for anything and if your looking for a work around call the tech support number :-/

Scott Loveless 0 votes

understood, thanks again for your assistance with this matter and your prompt replies. 

would it be possible for a known issue KB (knowledge base) to be set up for specific hardware / firmware / Drivers on the forum so that customers could click on their specific hardware to see what reported and confirmed bugs have been found and are squashed in subsequent patch releases? 

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

Serato and Pioneer both list the S9 as being compatible when used with the latest drivers and Serato DJ 1.8.1 on El Capitan.

That said, it could well be there's a new issue with the latest (10.11.3) update.

Have you tried swapping the USB cable? Are you running any other USB devices?

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, I have identified an environment variable, I used the setup without issue on Friday Night, where at House of Blues Houston I am located away from the speakers or any large monitors.

Last night I am djing at my Saturday residency and my set up is located near a large sub and monitor, the issue began almost instantly, even in internal mode, I had to swap my laptop for a windows7 machine with all the latest drivers and it worked without a hitch for the rest of the evening, not sure how sound could make a difference but that was the only variable in the set up.

Rooben Jimenez 0 votes

@Rooben > Just looking back through the comments ... were you redlining the channels at all?

Pulse 0 votes