Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

DJM 900 NXS2 - Recording with Audacity

I have the same settings as I had with DJM 900 NXS1 with Audacity and same laptop. I can see the NXS2 in the settings but no waveform or sound from the laptop. Also have the new driver to connect your DJM NXS2 to a PC.

Erik Hungler

Commentaire officiel

I've found the problem... from the Audacity website:

---

Windows 64-bit

On 64-bit versions of Windows, sound device drivers specific to the 64-bit operating system are essential. If upgrading from a 32-bit to 64-bit operating system, a 64-bit capable computer is required, and the sound device drivers must also be updated to a 64-bit version.

---

So while the Audacity program itself is 32bit, because it's running on a 64bit operating system, it requires 64bit drivers for the DJM, which aren't available at this time.

Your only option would be to use another software to record until Pioneer releases 64bit drivers.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

19 commentaires

Thanks Pulse for info.  I only use the windows laptop to record. Is it possible to use my MacBook Air with Audacity until the release of 64 bit drivers?

Erik Hungler 0 votes

@Tony > This topic deals with the DJM-900NXS2 - which has Windows 10 compatible drivers. The DJM-900NXS (original model) also has Windows 10 drivers, but neither product has 64bit drivers. Until such time, you'll have to use a 32bit version of the software.

@Erik > Mac doesn't require bit-specific drivers; you can use it as you always have.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the speedy response, how do I run a 32bit version of rekordbox? right click the rekordbox shortcut icon and .... dos something?

Thanks

DJ Crazy Legs 0 votes

rekordbox is already 32bit, the issue is with your BUTT software, if they have a 32bit version.

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry Pulse, seems like I am getting confused, this is the set up:

Windows 10 x64

Rekordbox installed and working via usb

b.u.t.t and audacity do not record when the pioneer driver software is set to record out.

Q1: No 64bit drivers for rekordbox, so use 32 bit software? (Which I should already be doing).

Q2: If I want to use audacity or b.u.t.t and am using 32bit versions it wont work?

Q3: If there are no 64 bit versions of butt/audacity I am out of luck?

http://danielnoethen.de/ - butt 0.1.14

DJ Crazy Legs 0 votes

What channel do you have set up to return the REC OUT? If it's anything other than 1/2, Audacity can't handle it, even if you are using a 32bit version and it's using the ASIO drivers.

Pulse 0 votes

I always have used 2 and 3 and it always worked, cdjs into the mixer via cd/line.

Channel 1 works fine, thats set to usb, works with both butt and audacity.

DJ Crazy Legs 0 votes

I meant within the DJM configuration utility to have the input from the mixer to the computer set so the REC OUT is on input 1/2.

Pulse 0 votes

I'll take a look when I get home, I believe it was set to usb. the middle two channels were changed to rec out.

DJ Crazy Legs 0 votes

I changed 1/2 to rec out and its working, I feel such an idiot, at some point I must of re-installed and all the driver config got reset. I swear though that 1/2 was usb, maybe all this time as I have not touched it in years, it was input I was thinking of and not output.

Thanks!

DJ Crazy Legs 0 votes

No worries! Glad to hear you got it working again. :)

Pulse 0 votes

Hello I set the record mix signal on my djm 900nxs2 on inputs 1/2 but there is no sound to record for my set . when I right click on the speaker at the bottom right of Windows and that I select recording device , I have the djm 900 nxs2 but there is no signal
my system windows 7 64 bits ultimate
have you an idea?
thanks justan

justan 0 votes

@dj justan > As noted in the official post at the top of the page, you won't be able to use Audacity to record running on a 64bit OS until such time as Pioneer releases a 64bit version of the software. You need to use a different software to record.

Pulse 0 votes

i don't use audacity. i use adobe flash media live encoder. it's an 32 bits software.

justan 0 votes

Are you using inputs 1&2 for the MIX (REC) to the software? If not, chances are it can't pick up any other input.

Pulse 0 votes

I have plugged my djm-900 nxs 2 in another usb port and i have sound. i don't know why it run only on one on my five usb port. may be because it's an usb 2 while the others ports are usb 3 .

thanks

justan 0 votes