Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Technical question regarding the aux input on the DJM-S9

Hi,
Do you know of an issue with the aux input having problems when being used with a drum machine (ie maschine)
When I use the aux input with this, or if I output programmed drums from ableton live, the sounds get cut, almost like they are being gated, but if I input via the line inputs or directly to my mixing desk they play correctly?
I'm hoping it's just a software issue as I'm limited for inputs, I've upgraded to the pioneer from my Rane, but the Rane doesn't do this on the aux input channel,
I thought it was maschine, or the pioneer drivers but after reinstalling all my software, and even after restoring my Mac to an earlier backup (pre DJM S9) the issue remained, I noticed today the ableton issue, but all plays fine via the headphones on my Mac too, so it's definitely the aux channel. (As far as my fault diagnosis goes)

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Mada

DJ Mada

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

32 commentaires

Have you tried outputting a different source into the AUX channel?  

Mark Gallo 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

No, just my macs headphone output, this plays fine through the line input on the mixer, but not so well through the Aux input,

What do you recommend I try to output through the Aux?

DJ Mada 0 votes

Anything.  A CD player, your phone, any audio source.  If the sound gets "cut" from other sources, then the problem is the Aux input and not the source.  

Mark Gallo 0 votes

I plugged my cassette deck through this aux input, and still get this clipping on the audio, It's definitely the aux input, this make using maschine whilst using both decks tricky, unless i suffer the clipped audio I'm getting through the Aux channel, I don't understand why this input channel does this, but the line inputs don't.

DJ Mada 0 votes

I just received mine and I too use Ableton while djing and route it into the mixer via the aux in. When I trigger a sample from Ableton, it cuts off the beginning of the sample. I've tried using a sampler, computer and CD player into the aux in on the pioneer and they all do the same thing. This doesn't happen when using the line in inputs and definitely doesn't happen on my rane 64. This makes it useless to me.

Calvin Dj-Ak Iles 0 votes

The technical help from Pioneer is poor, I finally got a response from Pioneer,

This was it,

Solution for your ticket 24507

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, your enquiry has been registered in our system
under reference number:
Pioneer ticket ref nr: 24507

Hello Mr, Can you please make sure you are running the latest
firmware. See link below. Regards

http://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/djm-s9/

Please note that it is not possible to reply to this message.  Should you
wish to reply, then please contact us at:

I'm still chasing them, But so far I'm not pleased

DJ Mada 0 votes

Which firmware are you guys using? I've got an S9 here and plugged a CDJ, a Kaossilator and an iPhone into the AUX IN and had no problems with any audio.

Pulse 0 votes

Using the latest firmware. Let me explain exactly what's going on... If we use an external drum machine or Ableton or whatever and run it into the aux and play a drum sample, the very beginning of the sample is cut off of faded in. So the beginning of the clap or kick when we trigger, is cut off or faded in which is useless. When I DJ, I run all my sound fx in Ableton and trigger them with a midi controller... If I hit my DJ drop which goes "D J A K" it cuts off the "D" and you hear "E J A K". This does not happen if you connect it to line in or with any of the rane mixers. It's like it's a gate or fade in or something on that aux channel. Again, if I play a sample that says "BOOM", it will sound like "OOM". I also tested on my buddy's S9 and it's the same thing. I tested using CD player, drum machine, computers line out... It does it each time.

I'm going to have to ask the engineers if they know because as I said, I have tested it here with various equipment, and even when using the Kaossilator as a drumming device, no matter how or when I tap the pad to make a sound, it comes through.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks, please ask. Just returned from guitar center and used both their display models and it occurs on both of them so i'm guessing it's an issue with the aux on all the s9's. I've only had it for about 2 weeks and it's a "cute" mixer but gonna hold on to it for another 2 weeks to see if there comes a workaround or update that fixes this issue because it's a deal breaker with me with the way I do live djing (clubs and on air at radio station) and live recording. Thanks!

It's already under investigation, I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Pulse 0 votes

I've also tried my unit alongside another unit, it's definitely the mixers

My case is being escalated as it's an issue with the unit itself, or software on the unit, hopefully a firmware upgrade will remedy the issue once it's identified by Pioneer's tech team.

I'll let you know the outcome

DJ Mada 0 votes

@Mada > Escalated where? Did you send it for service? It would be handy to let the product manager know which service centre you've sent it to so they can communicate directly.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, I had to try mine along side another unit in the shop where i bought my unit, once it was seen that it's not my unit, but the units in general, I got back in touch with Cosmic, who felt it best I took the matter up with Pioneer (as there isn't any hardware to repair), which I have done in any case, now Pioneer are looking into this, they also have the feedback from Cosmic, so fingers crossed it's heading in the right direction now.

DJ Mada 0 votes

@Mada > Thanks, I'll pass that shop's name along.

So do you still have the unit in your possession then?

Pulse 0 votes

Good news -- the engineers were able to reproduce the issue on their end, but they'll need some time to find the cause and release a fix. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes

HI,

I still have my mixer

Cosmic is in the UK, in Essex

I've sent Pioneer a video, they're working on it from this end, it's great it's been replicated, I'm sure this will be able to be remedied.

Thanks for the update

DJ Mada 0 votes

So almost 3 weeks on now, no further response from Pioneer, no update, no other responses from chase up emails sent after they told me the engineers had replicated the issue, 

Not sure who to contact now as they are not responding, not great as far as customer service goes.

DJ Mada 0 votes

@Mada > It's only been 3 weeks, and this is not the only project that team is working on. Your patience is appreciated.

Pulse 0 votes

I appreciate that, it's just frustrating as for me, this has been going on since May, which means I'm unable to return the mixer,

I'm confident it will get resolved, all I'm saying is it would be nice if Pioneer (UK) would at least email back with a response, (I've emailed the twice, as it was them who requested the video from me) even if it's as you stated, a response would be the polite thing.

Thank you for replying, hopefully it gets resolved

DJ Mada 0 votes

@Mada > It's possible they've simply not replied as they haven't received any follow-up information from their end, but I would also point out that filing the same request in different channels can only confuse the issue and delay support.

It would be nice if we were able to resolve all issues in a timely manner but not all problems can be solved by waving a magic wand. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, Just to update this thread, an updated firmware was released on the 26th of July, I only saw it by accident, but it address's the Aux issue, I've just updated my mixer and my mixer is now working as it should on the aux channel! 

Thanks guys.

Updated firmware can be found here

DJ Mada 0 votes

Hey, i hope u can answer to my question. I would like to buy djm S9 and native instruments maschine. So if i connect maschine to s9 with aux, then i am able to use 2 turntables and maschine for extra sounds, or am i limited to 1 turntable and another chanel is maschine. Sorry i dont have much of expiriance with dj equipment im new in this. I hope someone can answer so i will now if i need maybe 4 chanell mixer to be able to have 2 turntables and maschine together. I will be using serato dj.

Jernej Mergeduš 0 votes

I am running the most recent firmware and am still having this issue. Anyone else?

AdamDoubleyou 0 votes

@Adam > I've asked the engineers for a follow-up.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey! I sold My S9 recently. But this issue was fixed with a firmware update shortly after I had posted about this issue.

@Adam > Can you confirm which firmware version is on your S9?

Pulse 0 votes