Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

DJM-900 NXS2 Color Effects Sticking

Basically the color effects are sticking. The only thing that has changed was I started using a surge protector. Everything else works. I attached a video so that you can visually see what's going on.

https://youtu.be/iVL2ibZVYFY 

Ian Castillo

Commentaire officiel

Hello Ian,

DJM engineers would like to talk to you.

Would you please create a ticket from the link below?

https://rekordbox.com/en/support/inquiry.php

Sorry for this late reply but they really would like to ask many things about your unit directly from you.

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation in advance.

Kind regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

Try running the firmware update one more time.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

I just did that and it didn't fix the issue. The beat effect button is also doing the same thing but the x-pad works just fine. I don't get it.

Ian Castillo 0 votes

@Ian > Thanks for the video and for trying to re-flash the firmware. I've opened a ticket with our product team to see if they have any suggestions.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you. Also channel 1&2 Cue buttons no longer work.

Ian Castillo 0 votes

Well, I'm glad it happen now VS on the 25th and 26th. It would be a shame if Damian Lazarus or Purple Disco Machine would think badly of me or the event.

Ian Castillo 0 votes

Ok, so I plugged the NXS2 into my Macbook Pro and the driver window came up. After that, everything started working again. 

Ian Castillo 0 votes

The issue is happening every once and a while whenever you turn it on. You just don't know if it's going to work correctly or not. The temp fix seems to be plugging it into your laptop and see if either when the NXS2 audio interface comes up and fixes it. If that doesn't work, you can start up rekordbox and have it play a song through the mixer. Those have been the two solutions that worked for me. Again, still annoying, still needs to be fixed but for right now, this is the work around.

Ian Castillo 0 votes

@Ian > One thing the engineers have suggested was to use it without the surge protector.

Could you tell me if that's just a standard off-the-shelf powerstrip with surge protection or is it an advanced unit with voltage regulation, etc?

Pulse 0 votes

It's a Monster Cable surge protector but it doesn't have any bells or whistles. I have tried it both with the mixer plugged directly into the outlet and with the surge protector. The same issue exists. 

The problem started back again today but for about a week, it was working fine.

Ian Castillo 0 votes

Hello Ian,

DJM engineers would like to ask you several questions.
・What input and output devices do you use specifically?

・What kind of power socket do you use? Is it the three pin socket with GND?

・Does this issue occur if you do not connect to any device other than the power code?

・Does this issue occur every time after launching the mixer?
 If it does not occur every time, how often do you see this issue? How many times after the mixer launch? For example, 10 time in each launch.

・Does this issue occur again if you remove the laptop after the workaround is done by connecting to your laptop or starting up rekordbox and playing a song through the mixer?
 Or, if you apply the workaround by connecting your laptop to remove this issue, does the mixer behave normally even after disconnecting the laptop? 

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Best regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes
  • CDJ 2000 Nexus and PLX- 1000
  • 3 pin socket for US. I have the European version of the mixer but I don't think that matters.
  • Yes
  • It happens for about 4 or 5 days straight and then it works normally but I assume it's random.
  • Yes the issue will happen again after the workaround is done. When the workaround fixes the issue, and I leave the mixer on. It works perfectly fine until I turn it off. There is no set workaround, I just kinda have to try several things to get it going while it is plugged into my laptop.
Ian Castillo 0 votes

Hello Ian,

Thank you very much for the reply.

By the way, which country do you live and use the European version of the mixer?

Thanks,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes