Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

how does everyone organise there music in rekordbox?

hi, I'm just wondering how people organise there music in rekordbox? i currently buy all my music through iTunes and beatport then drag them over into rekordbox and make playlists for the month i bought the music.

i currently play tech and techno but i would like to organise it better as for what type e.g warm up/peak/closing etc its not something I've done as of yet so just wondering how people out there organise there collection and how they name there playlists etc etc cheers

dean godber

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Get your iTunes to organize it all then bring your playlists from iTunes to Rekordbox

Rick Cortez 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Smart playlists are very useful as well
Just do all the work once in iTunes
Saves lots of time

Rick Cortez 1 vote

Thanks for the reply, how do smart lists work, it's not something I've used before, also how do you keep check on your ever expanding library?

dean godber 0 votes

I also advise creating all your playlists in iTunes...

Rekordbox reads it perfectly and you can even set up Rekordbox to sync your flashdrives with iTunes automatically.

I prefer the manual method of importing all my playlists from iTunes into Rekordbox, and then from there to my flashdrives.

You can also set up Smart Playlists in iTunes that works great.
In iTunes just select FILE > NEW > SMART PLAYLIST from the top menu and there you can apply custom rules how you want your Smart Playlists to be constructed..

I work with giving all my tracks star ratings out of 5... and then I have made Smart Playlists that for instance add all my new 5 Start rating songs from the last month in a playlist etc...

Here is a link to some good ideas for Smart Playlists:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2016/05/8-itunes-smart-playlists-you-should-be-using/

Also I can now create and edit playlists, give songs ratings, etc while on the road when listening and exploring new music from my iPhone. The new ios works great for that.
Then as soon as I get home I just sync my iPhone to my iTunes... and then import it to Rekordbox and then from there to my Flashdrive and all is exacly like on my iPhone...

There are people that camplain about iTunes and what what, but that is the workflow I prefer and it works great.

Armand 0 votes

sorry for the late reply, and thank you for your advice, i am trying to implement this into my library as we speak! as for your ever expanding iTunes music collection how do you keep tabs on all your music, when do you decide what to keep in there etc etc, 

dean godber 0 votes

I use colours and tags & and then make intelligent playlists... for example colours I use are uplifting, tech, pure, deep, hard, acid and progressive etc..... then I use tags for what bpm I like the tune to play at.... some tunes sound more energetic with more BPM I also use tags for what my keys are when it goes past 3% pitch ie 1a becomes 8a at 142bpm.  Tags are also very good for situations, warmup build up peaktime etc and lastly I use tags for sub genres or a better description ie floaty mellow classic remixed classic bouncy mashup vocal blah blah.... but I'm into trance so maybe half of this wouldn't apply to you but hopefully give you some ideas, one last thing I use ratings for where I want a track to sit in my set, ie one star is first 20, 3 is middle section, 5 last 20 mins

Zeus Tunage 0 votes