Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

14 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RR

I DJ 3 or 4 times a week @ 5 star hotels in their lounges/bars. I recently sold my Traktor & completely switched over to rekordbox & got the DDJ-RR.

Since I got the DDJ-RR, it has suddenly crashed twice during my sets @ the hotels. I use the DDJ RR with a 2015, 13 inch mac. An RCA cable is going into the hotel system from the DDJ-RR. The DDJ-RR has crashed once plugged into the wall, & once just powered by my mac.

This is what happens;

Music is playing fine. Suddenly, like out of nowhere, the DDJ-RR goes completely dark & some constant horrible high-pitched noise blares out from the speakers, even when I turn down the faders on the DDJ-RR or turn the DDJ-RR off. The only way to stop the horrible noise is to turn off the hotel amp, unplug the USB cable from the mac to the DDJ-RR, & turn the DDJ-RR on again.

It's an absolute nightmare & I don't know what to do. If this happens a third time, I think I will get fired.

What is it? What could be the problem here?

Concerned Fan Répondu

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

62 commentaires

I don't know. For now my problem sttoped, I'm using the buffer size at maximum value. But i want to use at least 1024. When I activate the slip function the jog of the rekordbox screen doesn't turn red anymore.

Joaodiaas2 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

No, the controller becomes completely dark.

Piccardoignacio 0 votes

No, it was like turned off.It was completely dark.

Ddede 0 votes

Today at work they've told me that, in case this issue happens again, I'm gonna get fired. At least they told me ! LOL. So Denon MC 4000 with Serato DJ here we go !

Piccardoignacio 0 votes

Kinda same thing happened to me as well. It's only been a week with my new DDJ-RR and everything works fine and halfway in to the set I hit the CUE whilst preparing the next track on the deck which is not playing live and out of nowhere a high-pitched noise comes out which appears to be from the deck that is currently playing. The waveform stops and looks like it's looping at 1/32 or 1/64 or something. Software doesn't crash and the DDJ-RR does not go blank like the case above. I have to press the CUE again to recover and play the music again. Very embarrassing I tell ya. It happens with or without DC power plugged in. I'm using a very recently purchased Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 500-14ISK. i5-6200U, 4GB DDR3 Ram. Dedicated laptop for music, only program installed and running is Rekordbox.

Praveen Welagedara 0 votes

Our product design team is continuing to establish the root cause of this issue and has asked me to relay the following questions:

• Did you use the rotary selector on DDJ-RR to select tracks while this issue occurred? 
  • How often do you use the Rotary selector during DJing?
Pulse 0 votes

I always use the rotary selector to select tracks. Actually, 99% of the time I use the rotary selector. Though I'm not sure I highly doubt it has got to do anything with the rotary selector coz it happens in the middle of one track going live and other other being set up & prepared to play next.

I always use the rotary selector. However, I wasn't using it when the issue occurred.

Piccardoignacio 0 votes

In my cases, I was not using the rotary selector when the issue occurred.

I use the rotary selector 99% of the time when selecting tracks.

Concerned Fan 0 votes

I think that when it happened to me it was the moment I loaded a new song on the deck that was not playing.

Joaodiaas2 0 votes

Hello all,

DDJ-RR engineers developed a beta version of the firmware, which fixed the noise issue you kindly reported in this thread.

If you want to try it with your DDJ-RR, please create a support inquiry.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Best regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

Hello all,

Please download the beta version firmware for DDJ-RR to fix the noise issue from the link below.

For Windows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjmworgl78c8wml/DDJ-RR_v910_WIN.zip?dl=0

For Mac:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxadhib9c4rtbz2/DDJ-RR_v910_MAC.zip?dl=0

Some customers in this thread has already tested and they provided us positive feedback. Please try using it and provide us with your honest feedback.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Best regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

Hey guys, just following up to see if you had a chance to test out the beta firmware yet?

Pulse 0 votes

I have tested it a few times and everything seems to be OK. I wish this is the solution !

Piccardoignacio 0 votes

I have tested 4 times and I had no any problems!I hope we found the solution!

Ddede 0 votes

Hi, I have been having this same issue as well with my Macbook Pro.

To me it seems completely random, but several lights will illuminate on the RR as seen in this picture:

EDIT: Just seen the beta firmware that was posted, I'll give that a try.

James Pearce 0 votes

Will an official version of this firmware be available soon?

Piccardoignacio 0 votes

This time the issue came up right at the beginning. I was playing the first track since the I turn the controller on, Slip mode was enabled only on the left deck. Then I continue to load the 2nd track on the Right deck. I hit the Sync on the Right track first, then I hit the Sync on the left track and right at that moment, this annoying sound came up and stopped the music play. As you can see on the video, I press the CUE, and the annoying sound stops. Press PLAY again, music comes back. My DDJ-RR is running the new Beta version of Firmware. Please find the video at the below link. 

https://youtu.be/BquOLWIRy1M

Thanks @Praveen - that video and your steps to produce it should help.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse - I think it only happens when the SLIP mode is engaged on any one of the decks. Hope this helps.

Hello Praveen,

Sorry to hear that you had the noise issue.

We would like to ask you if you downloaded and installed the test version firmware from this Forum thread.

Still, do you have that noise issue?

If so, please explain more details about how the noise occurred. The video started just when the noise occurred. We do not see what you did before happening this issue.

Engineers are now investing this issue, but they have not replicated it so far.

More detailed information would be a great help for engineers to solve this issue.

Thank you very much for your information.

Best regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

Hello Keiko, I am running the Beta test version of Firmware which I found on this thread. So I was in the mind that this issue is sorted. I just started recording the video after this noise issue came up again. And I have mentioned each action I took, before this issue came up. It's explained in my above post. I think this has something to do with SLIP mode. If I recall right, I believe this only happen when SLIP mode is engaged on any one of the decks. Hope this helps.

Good news - the engineers were able to replicate the issue and are working to identify the root cause and eventually develop a fix.

Pulse 0 votes

Well, sorry to bring this topic back but I ran in to this today.

https://youtu.be/JsqjwrMo1BA

Im running the new firmware and the latest Rekordbox update done two days ago. Rekordbox froze on me while DDJ-RR continue to work as you can see from the video. I was playing music for a quite a long time and this only happened after I switched SLIP mode ON.

Since the firmware update, I've started using the RR & RB at the hotels again. So far, so good! I still feel like I'm walking on egg shells, as I still think it might happen again at any time, but I haven't experienced any issues. Hopefully this has been 100% resolved for good.

I must admit, I still have PTSD from my adverse experiences with the DDJ RR & RB last year... I never want to go through that nightmare ever again. For a while, those controllers were real "career killers"

Concerned Fan 0 votes

@CF > Those issues had fairly specific conditions in order for them to occur. I'm glad to hear they were able to be resolved through firmware updates, and as you say, the only way to know for certain is to really give them a thorough testing, but the product team seems pretty confident.

Pulse 0 votes

I was about to buy another controller and it was then that this update appeared. Now I dare to say that the RR is the best two-channel controller that currently exist 👍🏻

Piccardoignacio 0 votes

After multiply crashes & freezes with DDJ-RR on windows 10 dekstop Pc where was only one solution which fixed an issue in my case.
BIOS Update! Makes sure that you using the latest version of BIOS on you motherboard otherwise device will be not recnognized while trying to install on windows, it couses crashes & freezes no matter what usb port you gonna be plugging in or re-installing drivers and etc.
Updating your BIOS can be done from BIOS menu via internet connection (Asus Rog Motherboards) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivDY1kH8xKw
Or try to find similar way dependenig from your motherboar BIOS.
Have a good DJ mixing! :)

Audrius Staskunas 0 votes