Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox DJ - External Hard Drive not showing up in Explorer.

I am running Rekordbox DJ 4.0.8 on a Macbook Pro 13" (OS X El Capitan 10.11.3) & trying to connect a LACIE 1TB Rugged external hard drive, format: MS DOS (FAT) (Fire Wire Connection) to access my entire collection of music folders in the Explorer Window.

Using previous versions of Rekordbox i have created several playlists via dragging & dropping individual tracks from my external drive & these all work perfectly. However i am un able to access the external hard drive in the explorer window & browse my files in neither performance or export mode.

How do i get the drive to show up in the explorer? does it need re-formatting if so will this destroy the links/pathways used by the tracks in my previous playlists. 

Jack McCluskey

Commentaire officiel

I have learned that, apparently, this is by design.  I have made it clear that this needs to be address as soon as possible.  Hopefully this gets fixed in the near future.  Thank you for your patience.

Mark Gallo
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

Yes, shows up in Finder, on my old DJ software & Disk Utility.

Jack McCluskey 0 votes

I Have the Same Problem on my MacBook.

My external Harddisk is not showing up in the Rekordbox Explorer !

(On my PC with Windows 7 i can see this external Harddisk in Rekordbox)

I can play Songs from that disk when i drop them from Finder to a Rekordbox deck ! Strange.

If i can't see my Folderstructure inside Rekordbox it is a Knock Out creteria for using Rekordbox DJ.

Karsten Bernert 1 vote

Is this problem likely to be rectified within the next few updates? 

Ive just bought the new DDJ RZ & will not be able to use it for my nightclub gigs until this problem is rectified. 

Please stress to the designers the importance of this problem. im one of the first in my area to move to this format, i cant recommend it to other DJs (90% of whom use external drives) until this problem is solved. 

Jack McCluskey 1 vote

@Jack > We don't typically receive a time table for updates or details on what will be included.  If your external drive has a USB port, using that should bypass the problem.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Please fix this problem. I reported this on early adopter program. I have a thunderbolt hdd and the Rekordbox does not display it in the explorer. 

Please fix it.

Thanks

Carlos 1 vote

Any update on this case? Will the next RB fix this problem?

Best Regards

Carlos 1 vote

Same problem using a MacBook Pro early 2011 17" with El Capitan 10.11.6. Replaced the internal CD drive by a SSD 1TB (OWC Mercury Electra 3G MAX). The drive is perfectly being recognized by Finder / Path Finder (Filesystem: Journaled HFS+) but not by rekordbox 4.2.2. Drag and Drop into rekordbox works fine but device is not shown in Explorer. I switched from a NI Traktor S4 to a DDJ RZ and cannot use my audio files now. Big bummer!

Daniel Pavic 0 votes