Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RZ Key - too Many Characters to enter in Rekordbox Activation Window

I'm trying to activate Rekordbox DJ with the key that was bundled with my DDJ-RZ, but the key seems to have too many characters as the activation window wont allow me to enter all the characters....i entered up to the point where it wont accept any more characters, but it fails activation....any help much appreciated....tnx in advance.

Robert East

Commentaire officiel

Correct; the key is on a card, the key on the back of the unit is like a serial number for internal tracking.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

22 commentaires

how many letters is the key you are trying to type in?

BriChi 0 votes

should be 25 like this with dashes

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

BriChi 0 votes

the key on the DDJ-RZ is different...it is 27 characters (excluding dashes) 

xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxx

When I launch Rekordbox I have option to either activate or try a 30 days trial.

Robert East 0 votes

very weird, i tried also and it doesn't take more then 29 characters and yours is 31 including the dashes

maybe theres another code somewhere and that code is to activate something else? just guessing, i don't have a RZ so its hard to help

BriChi 0 votes

thanks for your input...i've had a dig around on the net and it sounds like version 3 and above of Rekordbox no longer uses a key as its free (just need to login), but you do need to purchase a license for performance features which follows the 25 character format you posted above.

Robert East 0 votes

yeah but you don't need to purchase anything if you buy a RZ, It includes the rekordbox DJ performance mode key

BriChi 0 votes

you sure its the DDJ-RZ and not a different number? pioneer has a lot of controllers and sometimes people, including me, mix up the letters

BriChi 0 votes

Definately a DDJ-RZ and the key printed on it doesn't follow the performance license key format....i didnt get any other key with it....dealer is insisting this is the only key that comes with the controller....bit disappointed that I have to purchase an online license to get performance mode with such a high end controller....where did you read that the RZ includes the DJ performance mode key?

Robert East 0 votes

trust me, something is wrong, you do not have to buy performance mode rekordbox DJ, it is included, the whole point in that controller is to run rekordbox DJ so obviously the license is included, sounds like something may be fishy and things were switched in the box so someone else can get a free copy

BriChi 0 votes

thanks...could it be the license key they are referring to is the old format key for previous version of Rekordbox and since it is now version 4 there is no key anymore as you login by KUVO account. Looks like the performance license has to be purchased separately. Maybe one of the Pioneer guys will comment on it here to clear it up.

Robert East 0 votes

you are right but you do not have to purchase it, performance mode IS rekordbox DJ. Something is up with yours. sounds like a switch was made to be honest between a SZ and RZ code

the SZ probably has the old rekordbox 1 and 2 license key

rekordbox 3 and above use a login and performance needs a key, but the RZ includes the key, ups is just not right

you will have to get pioneer to rectify this and DO NOT buy rekordbox DJ/Performance mode

BriChi 0 votes

A switch isn't possible as the key on the RZ in printed right under the model number and serial number on the same sticker which clearly shows DDJ-RZ...however it could easily be possible for the dealer to 'forget to pack!' another piece of paper with the performance key on it and use it somewhere else! I may have to purchase online as I have a gig tonight and cant't see this being resolved in the next 5 mins...if it ends up that I should have the performance key included then my dealer will have to give me a credit note for the license value.

Robert East 0 votes

the performance key 100000% should be in the box, if not then someone fucked up

you can use the 30 day trial for now till you get it resolved, you don't need to purchase

BriChi 0 votes

thanks...not going to compromise a paid gig by using a 'trial' of any software. Let's wait and see what Pioneer have to say on this. thanks again for your input.

Robert East 0 votes

trust me, the 30 day trial is the unlocked version for a full 30 days, 

if you feel more comfortable purchasing then just buy the monthly for $10 a month to buy u time but the trial will work for you, i used it to play for a while and never bought cause it wasn't for me, like rekordbox better then rekordbox dj

BriChi 0 votes

The key is not on the unit.  There should be a black post card like

insert with your instruction manual, that had the Rekordbox key

printed on it.  If it's not with your unit, take it back and exchange it.

That insert is worth $129!

Rick Cortez 0 votes

Thanks...the main issue is that the plastic bag with the manual and license key was not in the box! Dealer has raised this with pioneer against my units serial number...waiting for an outcome

Robert East 0 votes

Glad to hear they're working it out for you Robert

BriChi 0 votes

What do you mean by A BUNDLE only controller you called a bundle

it is a bundle of thermacole ,plastic paper cartoon & controller etc   ha ha ha

Manendra Vishwakarma 0 votes