Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Sync without beatgridding?

Hey,

Is there any way to change what the sync function does?

What I don't like about it is that it snaps to the beat-grid, I'd really like a bit more flexibility in the sync function as I enjoy beat-matching.

For example, is there any way to have it set up like the sync in Serato that only alligns the BPM which still allows for beat matching.

Thanks,

Sam Birtles

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Maybe if you disable quantize it works as you intended?

I sorry but I have no days left in trial mode to try it myself and give you more precise instructions.

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks for the idea. I did just try this and it doesn't work!

Seems a little strange such a basic feature isn't in the software.

Sam Birtles 0 votes

I would also be interested in this. In Traktor there was an option for Beat Sync or Tempo Sync. This should be the option that needs to be implemented.

KB. 

(KB) Kieran Bowley 0 votes

Yeah exactly, Serato has the same funtion:

Seems like a fundamental feature! How could you miss it Pioneer!

Sam Birtles 0 votes

We can't forget that there have only been 9 updates in to total to RB 4.0 bringing it up to 4.1.1.

I'm sure that these features will come in time, Id rather it was slow and stable rather than the clusterfuck that Trakor turned it to, with more controllers than patches released.

KB.

(KB) Kieran Bowley 1 vote

Yeah I agree Traktor is a massive mess with overly complicated functions 99% of people don't use. Let's just hope patches come soon that sort foundational issues!

Sam Birtles 0 votes

@(KB) Kieran Bowley is exactly right. Traktor got too big for its britches and is now stuck in limbo, each update introduces more problems than fixes. Slow and steady will always create a better product and Pioneer has been releasing updates at a very generous pace.

lostnthesound 0 votes

Also, you can always press sync to get the tempos to match and then press it again to prevent it from snapping to the grid. This way you have the proper BPM with the flexibility of pushing/pulling the platter to nail the timing. 

lostnthesound 0 votes