Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

The ultimate question I have after battling with this for 72 hours ...

Dear Pionner dj ..  

Last weekend I spent about 72 hours.. trying to do something which i feel is fundamental ... that is share a playlist with cues, tags, and loops from my laptop to my computer B ... and i even tried to fix the shared masterdb - through dropbox .. using terminal / and re-pointing my masterdb ...  I failed .. and now .. Im really determined to now try and get this sorted, as its making my experience with rb really woeful and not really that awesome .. regardless of the fact I have a whole ton of pionner dj, I just feel my experience is really blocked by this simple (well at least in my head) thing to do .. 

"sharing playlists with hot cues, and loops" (be it - through the export, and next level .. the cloud .. yes.. the cloud .. that would be problem solving not just for me but for most people I shared this question with)

So many of us have migrated to Rekordbox as its the backbone to our hardware ... we get that ..  and i have been on facebook rb groups, and chatted live with other users to try and figure this out..  here are a few fundamental questions. 

1: Will you implement an easy to set up shared masterdata base on the cloud? 

a simple - where would you like your masterdb - local, external, cloud, etc... 

2: In the mean time.. is it possible to create, meta inject, memory cue, rate, tag and comment ... on Computer A ... and then export this playlist to computer B (running same copy of Rb the downgraded 4.1.0 ... now 4.2.0b .. ) 

I dont want to use a USB in my cdj2000nexus ..  i just want to share a playlist from Laptop A to Computer B (both Mac) .. and retain the meta info, and loops .. 

is it possible? what are the steps.. cos Im baffled and now getting fed up.. 

rsvp - thanks 

Andrew

IO

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

14 commentaires

Very good question as I have been battling the same issue.  How hard can it be to just take my library from one mac to the other.  I shouldn't now have to set up all my cue points and loops again...

Israel Rodriguez 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I'm out of my office this week but will try and refine the instructions I gave you to ensure that you're able to get it working.

Pulse 1 vote

I'd love this. I don't play out but I've got a permanently set up pc with a ddj rx in a room. I'd like to analysis my tracks on my laptop in another room. Apparently this is not possible without having an external hard drive with the complete library on that has to be swapped between the 2pcs. Surely with most places having a network nowadays this would be possible.

Stuart Barrowcliff 1 vote

Hi Guys -

THE BIG QUESTION .. IS is it possible just to "export playlist and retain all the cue & tag info I have inputted)

RE Dropbox = Pulse ... I appreciate you letting me know .(keen to get this done as well )

Can I also ask Is there no answer to the question - can you transfer playlist info between computers?  (non USB in CDJ2000s) etc.. but just laptop to laptop? 

--> Stuart Barrowcliff 

This is EXACTLY the same situation for me ..  Im just trying to share playlist / audition in one room / play in another.. this feels a fundamental question .. that Im struggling to get an answer on .. 

I genuinely feel we need to petition / and encourage others with the same request.. maybe Pioneer will make this happen for us..  

IO 0 votes

You can use one library on multiple machines but your entire music library AND your rekordbox database need to be on an external drive which would need to be connected to whichever computer you plan to use.  I have 2 MacBook Pros and my library is on an external and I can verify that this does indeed work.

I know you've been discussing a cloud-based solution with Pulse, so I'll let him answer those questions.

Mark Gallo 1 vote

Yes I an aware of this setup but why the need to move the library physically between machines if they're on the same local network. Surely it's just a case of pointing the second machine at the library plus the database and you can use the same drive but via the network.

Stuart Barrowcliff 1 vote

Hi Guys

would really love some help here Pulse & Mark

just going off your replies (which I am very grateful for .. )

Q1: only way to transfer is via USB / or External Drive (correct) ? 

Q2: to share the masterdb its external drive or .. with terminal / and tweaking Rb script .. point to a shared dropbox (which I have not managed to get to work yet ) (pulse please could you help me with this)

/ so Mark your reply reads as there is only one way and thats with an external drive ?

so .. if Im not going down the external drive .. which I will should I have to .. as i just need my hard work on my cues loops to work ..when transferring playlist info between computers./

/ that means if I work with Pulse you will be able to guide me on the Dropbox /  Terminal / Textedit route .. 

Outcome: Pulse please could you help with the dropbox .. via hotchat again .. I have both machines in front of me.. and have already changed / updated the text wrangling .. 

Stuart // I think we should continue to request this feature / as EVERYTHING is cloud based these days .. I have a TerraByte graveyard full of drives..  - stuart feel free to PM me to discuss... 

many thanks to you both... and I look forward to moving this forward  

IO 1 vote

I'm going to defer to Pulse on this matter as while these workarounds may work, I don't believe they are "officially" supported by Pioneer DJ.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

I've emailed some "beta" version instructions, if they work, I'll post them up as an article.

Pulse 0 votes

I'd be really interested in seeing if the "beta" instructions work. Please let me know how you get on.

Stuart Barrowcliff 0 votes

Pulse you are amazing superstar ... Im going to dive in .. this weekend and let you know How I get on .. weekend rekordbox focus .

cheers

Andrew

IO 0 votes

@Stuart > I'll send you an email with the instructions as well, no harm in having a second tester! ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry I've not replied I've been busy with work commitments. I've not had chance to look yet but I'll be having a few hour this afternoon to look into it so hopefully this evening I'll have an answer for you.again sorry

Stuart Barrowcliff 0 votes