Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

XDJ RX // NOT SAVING TAG LIST/TRACKS

I've been having an issue ,when i tag a track ,it appears on the taglist ,but after i finish using it ,it doesn't appear anymore in the tag list,like it doesnt stay saved,
I have the latest rekordbox and the latest firmware on the xdj rx

Gamaliel Jaramillo Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Gamaliel > That's the function of a tag list -- to hold a track in a temporary location until it has been played. Once you've played it, the track is removed from the tag list. If you want to locate that song, go into the history.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Is it not possible for some software upgrade to allow this? I have a massive playlist and it would be very handy at times to create a tag list that can be saved.

This would be a very useful feature because at times you drop tracks that work really well but can't always remember which playlist they are in. So if i had a tag list this would help.

Also if i'm going through tracks at home before i go out to gig that night, a tag list could be used as a sort of prepared playlist of the sort of style i want to play for that night. Would save a lot of searching arround.

Can you possibly get this in the next firmware upgrade, it can;t be that hard to program a list that can be recalled?

Thanks

Deejay Sundance 0 votes

Sorry, as previously noted - that is a temporary holding space. If you want to go and tag files but then have it saved, create a playlist then drag-and-drop all the tracks to the new playlist.

Pulse 0 votes

There is a major workflow issue here... Any improvised set that sounded good on players that the DJ wants to save for later manipulation in Rekordbox is not possible?! Is that what you are saying?  Please let me know if there's something I'm not seeing here.... I find that very strange that we would not want to implement such a workflow.  Is there anyway to achieve this workflow? I stopped using Traktor because NI was not paying attention to DJ's workflow with certain features. And now I feel that a major thing is missing here.... I could bet you that if you pulled the statistics on how many people use the taglist this way, you would be extremely surprised.  Doesn't the workflow design go through testing before releasing these things? Even if you didn't mean to design/implement taglist this way, and you are suggesting to view the history (as stated above), but there is still no way to save that history to achieve this workflow, is there a way?  Some of the biggest/best innovations come from having an ear out to the public's needs. And this is a major need. I don't know a single DJ that doesn't practice on players to see what fits instead of mouse clicking. Please let me know if there is another way to save what's been improvised on players for later manipulation in Rekordbox.  Thanks in advance.

Alexis 0 votes

@Alexis > The other option you have is to open the Tag List, press the Menu button, select Tag List Menu then select Create Playlist and it will store those tracks to a playlist that you can load on the device immediately or recall later within rekordbox.

Pulse 1 vote

That is amazing!  I stand correct from what I said previously.  That is exactly the workflow I was looking for. But I find the option a little bit hard to find.  Thank you!

Alexis 0 votes

When I posted originally I forgot that this function existed. ;)

Pulse 1 vote