Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

PLEASE HELP NO SOUND OUTPUT!

PLEASE HELP NO SOUND OUTPUT!

Recently got a ddj-rr as a beginner set up, alls been working perfectly up until today, all of a sudden theres no sound output from the ddj-rr, my monitors work as when I plug them in elsewhere they produce sound, all cables are still intact and tested, all levels are set, and the driver is correct ( ddj-rr asio), have reinstalled the driver and rekordbox both to no avail, but I do still get sound thru the headphones connected to the controller, I'm absolutely stumped now can anyone help?

Michael Lawes

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

35 commentaires

Master volume turned up?
Usb connection good?

Rick Cortez 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Yeah master volume up, USB connection fine, I hear the little thump u get when u plug the USB in so I know its working, the controller works perfectly, and I can listen thru the headphones there's just no master from it, not even if I change it to pc output there's still only sound thru the headphones just can't work it out

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Also laptop is brand new, only programme on it is rekordbox

Michael Lawes 0 votes

What monitors/speakers do you use, and how are they connected?

Rick Cortez 0 votes

There branded sumvision don't know to much about them they came in a bundle package, there connected via phone, they were working fine 12 hours before and still connect to the pc and play fine, rekordbox doesn't play any sound whatsoever unless it's thru the headphones, even if the controller isn't connected and in export mode it won't play a track

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Ok
Sometimes the monitors will go into sleep mode
It can take them a few seconds/minute to respond with
Rekordbox. Short of this I'm not sure, unless you connect
straight to the unit via rca/trs/xlr just to make sure.

Rick Cortez 0 votes

I'm just not sure how you may have them connected
Sounds like to pc, then to rr

Rick Cortez 0 votes

Rca from master out to external speakers. USB connected to laptop, pc master out turned off.

Update: I can now get sound using pc master out if I do Rca to headphone jack and USB pc master out, it's a fix for now but don't understand why the Rca master outs on the RR seem to have failed somehow

Michael Lawes 0 votes

It's probably something in the settings.
I'm sure one of the mods will have a solution.
In the meantime enjoy the new RR!

Rick Cortez 0 votes

@Michael > Just to check, have you got the RR outputs working?

Pulse 0 votes

Hey pulse, no not correctly anyway, if I use a jack output from the headphone port on my laptop to the external speakers via rca and use master out on the pc it works. If I go rca master out from the RR to the external Speaker and turn off master pc output I get nothing, only sound via headphones, I've changed it in preferences to ddj-rr asio but have had no luck at all

Michael Lawes 0 votes

@Michael > It should be the ASIO driver. Can you confirm that you have levels showing on both the channel and master meters and that the master volume knob is turned up?

Pulse 0 votes

Yes levels are working fine, master knob up aswell, all was perfectly fine it literally just stopped, have today also found out I get no sound when I use export mode either

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Can you post a screenshot of your audio configuration page from the rekordbox settings?

Pulse 0 votes

Will post one tonight when possible, thanks pulse

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Second link works, still not having any luck 👎

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Okay, so if you have levels on the meter for both the channel and master, but no output -- I need to ask, which output are you using and do you have the power supply connected?

Pulse 0 votes

The master output, and yes it's connected,
Like I said, all was perfect it stopped of its own accord I didn't change or mess with any settings I left it all the same since the day I first plugged it in
Also I get no sound in export mode what so ever doesn't matter how I have it set up. In export mode there's never anything where as there was before. I wouldn't mind but it cost a,fair bit and it's only a week old, wouldn't expect it to fail that quickly

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Sorry, I meant which master output - RCA or TRS?

Pulse 0 votes

It doesn't have trs master outputs only booth?, plus it was working using rca before, so it should work now, I shouldn't have to change the input?

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Sorry, I was looking at the back of my SR when I posted that, forgot the RR got a bump to XLR! Can you check the XLR output? Just want to see if it's specific to one output or both master outs.

Pulse 0 votes

I can't check the xlr outputs as I don't have the cables for them, has 2 xlr connections next to the Rca master out

Michael Lawes 0 votes

Sumvision 2.1, rca input only on them. I personally think it's a fault with either rekordbox itself or the RR unit, the speakers work on everything else as do all other cables as I've tested with other devices

Michael Lawes 0 votes

I didn't mean to imply the problem was the speakers, more to determine if they had another input type you would use.

Do you have another computer to test with, even if it means borrowing one from a friend? Trying to eliminate the possible trouble spots..

Pulse 0 votes