Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RZX

Seriously would have been retarded enough to buy the DDJ-RZX if it had just one USB port.

I own 2 DJM900's 2 XDJ1000's 2 CDJ900's 2 CDJ2000's I bought and very quickly sold the DJM900mk2 I have 2 XDJ-RX's and have been waiting patiently for a much needed upgrade. The current model was a great debut but it's not powerful enough and I experience crashing with both of my units on a regular basis as they don't like to be used with 2 USB's at once or one laptop and one USB together so it's better stop the music and eject the USB when switching DJ's to avoid crashes. (Not ideal)

I've been checking out the new DDJ-RZX and it's almost exactly what I was hoping for for the mk2 RX. Although I wouldn't get any use out of the video features the mixer, inputs, effects and jog wheels almost convinced me to buy one immediately and then BAAAAM!! No USB ports?? Really disappointing as this would force me become lap top dependant. (Not ideal)

I really don't understand pioneers decisions lately, almost seems like they're trying to frustrate their customers rather than satisfy them. I understand I will not find out information on products prior to launch but can i get information on products that is not even in the pipeline? I am now under the impression the RX mk2 is not coming as Pioneer would have released it before the RZX and the fact that there is no USB port on the RZX makes it look like the stand alone units must be dampening CDJ/DJM sales and they wanna jump on the software controllers. I just hope to find out because I have been waiting a long time and I need to upgrade the RX's for something reliable and regrettably it's looking like the Traktor S4mk2 for me.

Bradley Marshall

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

The DDJ-RX is not even 1 year old.  Why would an mk2 be released so soon?  NONE of the DDJ controllers feature USB ports and I personally doubt they ever will.  They are controllers that, by definition, need a computer/software to control. 

Mark Gallo 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

http://www.pioneerdj.com/en/news/2015/xdj-rx/

I beg to differ about the RX not being 1 year old. it was released back in February 2015.To answer your first question. Imo, I think the XDJ-RX is far from perfect and is 17 months old and you have very recently released 2 controllers just a couple of months ago. I can't believe Iv'e had to answer this question for you.The XD-RX has 2 USB ports.The DDJ-RZX has a mixer and jogs of the NEXUS mixer and CDJ's.  it's too good and way too big to be a controller not too mention far too over priced for the controller market.Anyone who can afford this can afford to buy a complete 900NXS set up.take out the middle screen and replace it with an RMX500 take off the video features add 2 USB ports and name it the XDJ-RX2. I would buy it tomorrow.

Bradley Marshall 0 votes

Don't worry, just wait for BPM 2016...your 4 channel XDJRX is coming

Rick Cortez 1 vote

Thanks for your opinion, Bradley.  This controller was built specifically for video DJs.  If you don't find these features useful, we are not forcing you to purchase it.

My apologies about the release date confusion.  I thought you were referring to DDJ-RX, not the XDJ-RX.  Even still, it would be highly uncharacteristic of Pioneer DJ to release an updated model of any product within 17 months.  Just look at their track record by researching the release dates.  That information is something to keep in mind when asking these types of questions.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

HI Mark, 

Iv'e cooled down now!! I was obviously having a rant expressing my frustration about how this controller.

I just think you could of have the best of both worlds this product and I don't think it would of been very difficult to put a USB port on the unit. Size of the controller and the price kind of defeats the purpose of a controller. I thought people need them for their size weight, easy to carry convenient and speedy to set up a small scale private events such as wedding gigs birthday parties etc. Professional DJ's won't go near it or want to see controllers DJ booths of night clubs.To put a NXS mixer and NXS jog wheels on a controller just doesn't make sense to me at all and for the life of me I cannot work who your'e targeting with this DDJ. There is no doubt that this has peoples attention DJ's talking about it but imo bottom line it Controller DJ's could by their first car for the price of this, their pockets just won't be deep enough and professional DJ's will not commit themselves to be laptop dependant DJ.The video features, I am not sure. . .  I hope people buy it solely for this feature.

Back to the XDJ-RX. am I waisting my time holding my breath for a mk2? if you don't plan to build one please can you advise me?

Sorry for the rant, but I've spent a lot of cash with Pioneer over the years, since the launch of DJM-500, personally I don't like how much time and effort you guys put into controllers and would like to see some more quality professional DJ equipment.

Would be great if you can give me the heads up for the XDJ-RX as I need to get rid of them and buy something more reliable. great product and great first demo. but now 17 months old. it's not good enough for larger private events switching DJ's etc.

Cheers & good luck,

Bradley

Bradley Marshall 0 votes