Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Equipment/Software Idea for Pioneer

Not sure how some of my fellow DJ's may feel about this idea but I thought I'd bounce it off Pioneer anyways.  This would be a first for Dj software but I think this option would definitely further extend Rekordbox DJ's lead in the DJ industry.  I believe it would be awesome to have a unit which interfaces with Rekordbox software and would allow customers to scroll through your library (view only) by genre, artist, title, etc.  Of course all this happens in the background of the software and does not effect your performance. They would be able to select a song(s) they'd like to hear.  Once a request is made by the customer, the request would populate in a "Request Live" or Request Line" list within Rekordbox for the Dj to view.  The device could be like a touch screen tablet or utilize a scroll knob to maneuver through the library.  

DJ Bass V

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

Thats only suitable for Event DJs like Weddings maybe for a Disco too.

But think of the Situation that 20 People request a Song and the DJ managed only to Play 2 of them, the crowd gets Angry and dont have the Motivation to ever use this unit again.

I dont even think that many DJs want the Audience to know what Tracks they have.

Or did you ever seen that the big Artist Play a Request? They know what they have to Play and mostly the have a prepared set.

Dirk Siepert 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

You're right, the unit would not be practical for all venues.  Definitely not a club or large events.  But smaller events I believe could be useful.  As for your library, you could select which tracks were viewable through "Request Live" by checking them like the option with Kuvo.  Because of course a lot of tracks would be considered close hold for most DJs... like remixes.  Just an innovative idea... thanks for the feedback.

DJ Bass V 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien